“WAY nicer than the competition!”
Review of CopperLeaf Hotel

CopperLeaf Hotel
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
The Uintas
“WAY nicer than the competition!”
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We stayed here during this years Osh Kosh airshow. Over the years of attending the airshow, we've had the opportunity to sample many of the local hotels. Suffice it to say that compared to what we've paid to stay at other hotels in the area, we like the Coperleaf the best. Why? It's very new and clean. The rooms are large. The free breakfast is good. Adjacent covered parking is conveniently located without your ever having to go outside. The free wifi Internet worked flawlessly. They promote the "green " movement without being overbearing. The rooms are well appointed including granite countertops , flat screen TVs, jacuzzi and a fireplace! All for not much more than the competitors much more basic accommodations. Basically a boutique experience at a chain hotel price. We'll be back,

Room Tip: Ask for high room facing away from street front to avoid any street noise
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
dans1, General Manager at CopperLeaf Hotel, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Being a seasoned traveler to our area for the annual Experimental Aircraft Association air show, and having the opportunity to say at many or our area hotels, my team and I are very pleased to learn the Copperleaf has become your favorite hotel! From the housekeepers, to the guest service representatives, to maintenance, I can assure you our team takes great pride in accommodating our guests. Thank you for your kind words and identifying what makes the CopperLeaf special to you. We appreciate you being our customer and look forward to serving you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Denver
Reviewed 28 September 2011

While staying in Appleton overnight for business, I was very happy to have this hotel recommended to me. The staff is very friendly, and the rooms are very clean. One minor note is that parking is located in a separate building and one must walk through an alley and enter the back door, which seemed a little shady at first, but the hotel quality made up for this. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Appleton area.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
dans1, General Manager at CopperLeaf Hotel, responded to this review, 18 October 2011
Thank you for your kind words mentioning the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of the rooms. You noted the parking as being a minor inconvenience. Even though the ramp is not directly connected to the hotel, many of our guests appreciate the fact that it is "covered" parking resulting in their vehicles being free of snow in the winter and protected from the sun's heat in the summer. In addition to the rear entry you noted, there is also a main entry with five minute drop-off and pick-up on Superior Street. I am pleased to see you will recommend the Copperleaf to other friends and associates. My team and I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again!
Belleair, Florida
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Having never been to Appleton, I was in for a pleasant surprise upon entering the hotel. It is in an arts and crafts/craftsman style and this style is also present in the large hotel rooms. The room itself was nice and quiet. It had a few extra ammenities such as a corkscrew and an umbrella. The bed was comfortable, but the telephone was across the room and so when getting up to answer my wake up call, I really had to get up. Ha ha. I couldn't figure out how to set the alarm on the fancy alarm clock at the bedside. The hotel seems to pride itself in being "green," but I think it went a bit too far in not being able to leave the bathroom light on at night. After awhile, it turns off and there was no nightlight in my room. The free continental breakfast was ok, nothing out of the ordinary. I thought the front desk staff attentiveness could be improved somewhat as they were slow to identify someone was waiting. The hotel is in walking distance to lots of restaurants and unique shops. A parking garage is adjacent.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Copperleaf. I really appreciate your comments. I am pleased to see you appreciated the size of the room and the extra ammenities we supply in an effort to make your stay enjoyable. I am sorry to see our green initiative with the bathroom light on a timer became an inconvenience. We have an additional night light in the bathroom that remains lighted. However, I will consider adding a "switched" nightlight to the main sleeping portion of the room that guests could choose to have "on" or "off" at their personal discretion. Another alternative might be to remove the portable nightlight from the bathroom and move it to the sleeping area of the room. You are correct in noting the telephone is not on the nightstand but is on the desk of the particular room type you stayed in. I hope this proved to be a minior inconvenience. However, please note that the alarm clock that is on the nightstand does have an instructional card explaining how to set the clock should you decide to use it on a return visit. I am sorry the staff you encountered did not come across as being as attentive as you would expect. Customer service "is" our business and I expect you and our other guests to have high customer service expectations. I will share your comments with our team and continue to work with them to be sure we continue to strive to exceed the expectations of our guests. Should you have the opportunity to visit Appleton in the future, I hope you will give us the pleasure of serving you again.
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 September 2011

The Copperleaf Hotel in Appleton, WI is the perfect place to stay as a business traveler and for personal travel. A great location - it's not too big, not too small, has a super staff, the room choices are excellent and it has a wonderful Italian restaurant on site. The price you pay for what you get is perfect - meaning that you are not over-charged based on silly things! The Bella Vista restaurant is fabulous with excellent wine choices.

Room Tip: The rooms on the northwest corner will be quietest but overall any room is pretty quiet. The suites...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Copperleaf! I am pleased to see you enjoyed the hotel and the staff. I hope we were able to make your stay a positive, memborable experience. We opened the Bella Vita Ristorante in April and it recently received six Golden Forks awards! It is wonderful to see you had the opportunity to try it and that it was an enjoyable experience! We strive to create customer loyalty. I hope our efforts have earned the opportunity to serve you again.
Green Bay, WI
Reviewed 18 September 2011

My husband and I arrived when the weather was a bit chilly and I didn't like the fact that we had to park in a city parking ramp, and walk down an alley to get to the Hotel. Not my idea of boutique.

But when we stepped inside, it did get better. The front desk was very neat, tidy. The front desk clerk was friendly and checked us in in a timely manner. The bar was positioned in a good location and looked like what a boutique hotel would have.

Room 204 was a suite and a very good size. It was our anniversary and they had a bottle of wine on the counter. That was a very nice touch. Sitting room with flat screen tv, small refrigerator, King size bed, another tv, whirlpool, large shower in a good sized bathroom and everything was very clean. Sheets were crisp and towels, fluffy. Plenty of blankets. Aveda products in the bath. I couldn't have expected anything more than that. So, I will say that I loved our room.

It is walking distance to several good restaurants, one, being Flanagans, which we ate at and had a wonderful meal.

Breakfast in the morning is included, with hot entrees of scrambed eggs and sausage, kringle, which is a little special, and then pretty much the same fare as other hotels. We did get stoneware coffee cups and metal utensils which is alot nicer and more environmental than plastic. The ambiance of the breakfast room was not much to write home about, but all in all, clean.

I would stay at the CopperLeaf again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 14 August 2011

The service was excellent at the copper leaf. we had a couple requests during our stay and they were right on it in 5-6 minutes. The room was immaculate with very warm color tone and an incredible bed. there was plenty of space for clothes, a very large lazy boy type chair, a nice desk with ergonomic chair, wonderful lighting and art work. The bathroom was quite large and well supplied with some upscale soaps etc. they serve up a hot breakfast each morning and the 3 nights we were there, I remember it being a smorgasborg of eggs bacon sausage french toast bagels muffins cereal milk juices ( a $20 meal per person) all at no charge, included with the room. They also leave out the coffee all day and tea as well. The exercise room was one of the better one's out there equivelent to what the Hyatt hotel chain provides. Plus you cannot beat the location , right in the heart of downtown and all the shops etc. there is a star bucks 2 blocks away. Free internet is included and the salon spa they have downstairs adjacent to the exercise room provides wonderful massages at unusually good prices. Over all our stay at the copper leaf in appleton was like a fairy tale. Thank You !

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, NC, USA
Reviewed 18 June 2011

The Copperleaf is located in downtown Appleton and convenient to many businesses and restaurants. Parking is located on the side street in an adjacent parking deck ($2 per entry). The decor of the lobby and bar feels like a more expensive, boutique hotel. The front desk staff were very friendly and managed the check-in and check-out processes very efficiently The room and bath were large and extremely clean with a tasteful decor (see photo). The included breakfast was standard fare for a mid-level hotel.

I stayed at the Copperleaf based on recommendations from some of my co-workers and found the accommodations to be very comfortable and significantly better than the norm at this price point. I will definitely consider the Copperleaf on my next visit to Appleton.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business