“Great location, rest just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of CopperLeaf Hotel

CopperLeaf Hotel
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Appleton
Michigan
“Great location, rest just ok”
Reviewed 30 November 2011

My husband and I stayed there for 2 nights. We were in town to attend a concert at the Performing Arts Center one block away. Many restaurants in the area (and one in the hotel), a parking ramp behind the hotel ($2 entry fee each time you come and go). VERY helpful staff. Felt like we were paying the high rate ($117/night for a fairly basic room) to cover things we didn't use: exercise facility, spa in the lower level, bar in the entrance area. Our shower didn't work well and I did report that. Room needed dusting. There are other options in the area that we may try next time we come to Appleton. Oh----and many area attractions are closed on Mondays. Just FYI.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maresa02
dans1, General Manager at CopperLeaf Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2011
Thank you for staying with us at the CopperLeaf Hotel and taking the time to share comments about your visit. I was pleased to see our location near the Performing Arts Center and the availability of many dining options within walking distance of the hotel were some of the reasons you chose to stay with us. Thank you for noting how helpful the staff was during your visit. We strive to offer personalized service to all our guests in our hope of earning your loyalty.

I am sorry to learn that your stay was just “ok” and that we did not offer the level of value you expected. I noticed you believe a portion of your rate had to do with hotel amenities on site that you did not use. Although we are fortunate to be able to provide the services of Spa BenMarNico’s, the Bella Vita Ristorante, cocktail lounge, and exercise facility, etc., we don’t make the convenience of these an add-on to your rate. If your were to compare the rate your paid to other comparable hotels in the area for a comparable room type, I believe you will find the Copperleaf to be very competitively priced.

Please accept my apologies for dust noticed in your room and for a problem noticed with the shower. I reviewed your comments with our Executive Housekeeper making note of the dust. It is our policy to have all rooms inspected by a manager or supervisor prior to check-in. This procedure typically prevents any oversights such as the one you encountered. This surely should not have been overlooked. The only time the inspection of a room might not be completed is in the case of a guest checking in much earlier than our normal check-in time of 3:00 p.m. Since your Trip Advisor post is anonymous, I am unaware if you checked-in to your room early. I hope our maintenance team took care of any concerns identified with the performance of the shower. The next time you visit Appleton, I hope you give my team and I the opportunity to serve you again. Kind Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I actually was staying here for business but had such a good time that I would go again in a second. After having a rough drive in the snow from the airport I got to the hotel in dire need of some food and relaxation. I checked into my room and immediately called the spa to see if they had any openings for a massage, unfortunately they did not but I was able to book a salt scrub for later that night. After booking my room I freshened up and headed down to the restaurant in the hotel. My waiter was attentive and had great recommendations, the wine and the food were some of the best I have ever had. After dinner I headed to my salt scrub (in retrospect going to lay on your stomach after just eating a ton is not a great idea...), the people in the spa were again very attentive and took care of my every need. After I had digested my food a bit I was able to enjoy my relaxing scrub, then I headed up to my room, turned on my in room fireplace, filled the Jacuzzi tub and took a hot bubble bath. I also took advantage of the spa robes and Aveda bath supplies. Overall it was one of the most relaxing work trips I have ever been on.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Libertyville, Illinois
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Stayed @ the very booked copper leaf hotel for business this month. I can never seem to get a room bc they are always booked. I had heard that this is the only great place to stay in Appleton.

Checked in and found the rooms to be adequate and clean. Nothing over the top. Rooms are similar to a nice courtyard. Did not think the rooms were exceptional as I had heard but were clean.

I understand that this hotel is downtown, but it was a very noisy nighttime experience. All noise was from outside - from trains, to tire burn outs, to garbage trucks. Light sleepers beware.

I would consider staying again if in the area, but think that the Cambria suites was just as nice with larger rooms and less noise.

• Stayed November 2011
Thank you for staying with us at the Copperleaf and giving my team the opportunity to serve you. I am pleased to see you decided to stay based on positive recommendations from friends and associates. Please accept my personal apologies that your stay was something less than what was endorsed by your associates. Like any of our competing hotels in any location, we are subject to those situations when noise will emanate from an outside source. Although we do our best to control any noise concerns whether they are internal or external, some are out of our realm of control. Though this is not a regular occurrence, there are instances where an external noise or noises will develop. Some of this comes with being a city-center property; others are simply issues that often occur anywhere. However, should you decide to stay with us in the future, you could express your desire for one of the suites on the west side of the hotel. That could offer some additional relief as that side of the hotel is less exposed to the street.

I also noticed your comment about having difficulty booking due to the hotel being fully occupied. Admittedly, Tuesday and Wednesday are the hotel’s busiest days and advance booking is suggested. Other days offer additional flexibility. The guest service representatives also do an excellent job monitoring our wait list and call guests on the list as soon as there is availability. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again. For your next reservation, feel free to contact me directly and I will assist you to the best of my ability. Kind Regards,
Fish Creek, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Love this hotel and it is mainly due to the comfortable bedding and luxurious bath towels! Stayed in Appleton for a conference, held in another hotel, but my guilty pleasure was staying here! All of the personnel were friendly - ask the bartender to show you his math trick! Breakfast was an awesome surprise. I had a great cup of coffee and the even provide cups and lids for taking coffee away too. Very nice stay!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Monticello, WI
Reviewed 2 November 2011

This Boutique Hotel is very elegant without being pretentious or going over the top.

Spotlessly clean from stem to stern. Staff very helpful. Rooms are marvelous, very comfortable, quiet and nicely appointed.

Wonderful complementary breakfast includes hot foods as well as cereals, pastries, fruit, juices, you name it.

Free WiFi connectivity strength excellent even on the 4th floor.

Very convenient location as well.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
The Uintas
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We stayed here during this years Osh Kosh airshow. Over the years of attending the airshow, we've had the opportunity to sample many of the local hotels. Suffice it to say that compared to what we've paid to stay at other hotels in the area, we like the Coperleaf the best. Why? It's very new and clean. The rooms are large. The free breakfast is good. Adjacent covered parking is conveniently located without your ever having to go outside. The free wifi Internet worked flawlessly. They promote the "green " movement without being overbearing. The rooms are well appointed including granite countertops , flat screen TVs, jacuzzi and a fireplace! All for not much more than the competitors much more basic accommodations. Basically a boutique experience at a chain hotel price. We'll be back,

Room Tip: Ask for high room facing away from street front to avoid any street noise
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
dans1, General Manager at CopperLeaf Hotel, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Being a seasoned traveler to our area for the annual Experimental Aircraft Association air show, and having the opportunity to say at many or our area hotels, my team and I are very pleased to learn the Copperleaf has become your favorite hotel! From the housekeepers, to the guest service representatives, to maintenance, I can assure you our team takes great pride in accommodating our guests. Thank you for your kind words and identifying what makes the CopperLeaf special to you. We appreciate you being our customer and look forward to serving you again.
Denver
Reviewed 28 September 2011

While staying in Appleton overnight for business, I was very happy to have this hotel recommended to me. The staff is very friendly, and the rooms are very clean. One minor note is that parking is located in a separate building and one must walk through an alley and enter the back door, which seemed a little shady at first, but the hotel quality made up for this. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Appleton area.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
dans1, General Manager at CopperLeaf Hotel, responded to this review, 18 October 2011
Thank you for your kind words mentioning the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of the rooms. You noted the parking as being a minor inconvenience. Even though the ramp is not directly connected to the hotel, many of our guests appreciate the fact that it is "covered" parking resulting in their vehicles being free of snow in the winter and protected from the sun's heat in the summer. In addition to the rear entry you noted, there is also a main entry with five minute drop-off and pick-up on Superior Street. I am pleased to see you will recommend the Copperleaf to other friends and associates. My team and I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again!