“Excellent & Comfortable”
Review of CopperLeaf Hotel

CopperLeaf Hotel
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Just came back from a stay at the Copperleaf. We only stayed one night but found it extremely comfortable. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We would definitely stay here again while visiting the area.

Room Tip: We had the fireplace suite room on the 2nd floor. It was plenty of space and was quiet, facing back...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Copper Leaf is our regular haunt when we come thru Appleton, which is a couple times each year. The hotel is very friendly & has lots of character and doesn't feel or act like the normal chain hotels. Location is in town, not out along the highway and the local sites & merchants are almost all locally owned & operated establishments; again the chains are all out along the highway. Rooms are well appointed & feel warm & characterful. We've had a room w/ the big tub/whirlpool a couple times but haven't taken a soak; maybe some future stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Deb J, General Manager at CopperLeaf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Thank you for being a returning guest of the Copperleaf Boutique Hotel. We certainly appreciate your loyalty. As we are modeled after small European hotels, I am so happy to hear your nice comments that we don't feel or act like the chain hotels. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Deb Johnson

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Our adventure in Appleton was wonderful! The room surpassed my expectation. Staff was very nice. We loved the whirlpool in the room, the temperature always perfect, comfortable bed. The hot breakfast was better then most hotel breakfasts. The location of the hotel is perfect for walking to the PAC, restaurants and bars downtown. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for all of your nice comments regarding our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the comfortable bed and in-room whirlpool, as well as our hot breakfast buffet. We are also very fortunate to be located in downtown Appleton and in close proximity to lots of restaurants and pubs and only one block from the Performing Arts. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in Appleton and at the Copperleaf. My team and I hope you will stay with us again the next time you visit Appleton.

Take care,
Deb Johnson

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I was a guest at the CopperLeaf Hotel last week, literally the accidental tourist. I had car trouble while in Appleton on business and had planned on driving home that evening. My car was unable to be serviced until the morning. I walked several blocks in high heels and into the CopperLeaf and asked for a room. They did have a room available, and the price was very reasonable for a boutique hotel, especially since I had no reservation and had not shopped prices online. Because I was not prepared to stay away from home that night, I arrived withonly my briefcase and my purse. The gentlemen working at the front desk, Adam and Casey, could tell I was very stressed and were very kind and courteous. When I got to my room, I called back to the front dest and spoke with Adam and requested a toothbrush and asked if by chance they had contact lens solution. Adam delivered the toiletries, after he returned from the hotel across the street where he was able to get contact solution and a lens case. This was above and beyond the call of duty. He told me he understood my dilemma as he is a contact lens wearer but they didn't have any supplies available at the hotel.

The room was clean and warmly decorated with a boutique hotel feel.

I will visit this hotel again for both business and pleasure as this is a real gem of a property.

Thank you Deb Johnson, General Manager of this fine property, for a comforting experience after an evening of car trouble, frustration and stress!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This is a beautiful hotel and the front desk staff looks to make the experience very personal. HOWEVER, the room I was given was located on the second floor on the street corner of College and Superior. The room configuration is that you enter a living room, behind that a bathroom and then the bedroom (on the outside hotel wall.) My bed was right there at the corner of the intersection. Much to my surprise the sirens, delivery activity and other road noise including trucks with the incessant beeping when in reverse began just before the 5 am hour. I mean really - why oh why would they assign that room without fore warning the guest. I'm certain the hotel was not filled and noted that there are rooms on the other side of the hallway - I must assume those rooms provide a restful quiet night sleep. I was not granted that. No idea why but very disappointed. Will not make that mistake again - not worth it at any cost.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank pcspitz
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stayed at the Copper Leaf Hotel to conduct a training session, and the service was AMAZING! Jackie and Monica went out of their way to ensure I not only had a pleasant experience, but when I experienced technical problems with my equipment, they stepped in and went BEYOND the call of duty to help. I would HIGHLY recommend this Hotel to my colleagues AND my employer to bring all of our business and personal needs here!

Room Tip: The room was beautiful, quiet, and peaceful!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Nice amenities - Aveda products, coffee and tea in-room, comfortable king-sized bed, surprisingly good complimentary breakfast in their former restaurant's dining room - the layout allowed for a fairly private breakfast atmosphere. A prime consideration is the location - we parked the car and strolled the streets of downtown Appleton. The PAC, Trout Museum, fantastic Saturday morning farmer's market (mid June thru Oct) all a few blocks or less away. Houdini museum is just down the street. When we were there, they had a free trolley to take you to other area attractions running Friday thru Sunday. Definitely will go back

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple