“Wonderful introduction to my home town”

Hearthstone Historic House Museum
Ranked #4 of 35 things to do in Appleton
Santa Clara, California
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Wonderful introduction to my home town”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I had lived in Appleton my whole life and hadn't seen this museum. A visit home to see family provided the perfect excuse. Don't wait until you move away!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank sle20

Appleton
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Rainy or Snowy Day”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

What a great place to visit on a rainy or snowy day. Especially at Christmas, with it all decorated, beautiful! Go and enjoy.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank JimVH
Appleton, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“One of my favorites”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have visited the Hearthstone many times. I love the building itself, and the "gift shop" has some fun interactive points of interetest before heading in to the house itself. The tour guides have always been very friendly and informative. Every time I come, I seem to have lots of questions and they answer them to the best of their knowledge. There were a few times they had to find more info, but at the end of the tour they talked to someone else and I always got an answer. [ps. it's not haunted from what they know :) ]

Visited June 2013
Green Bay, Wisconsin
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Beautiful Historical Home”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

If you like touring historical homes don't miss this one. The design and architectural grace of this home is outstanding. Great way to spend a few hours.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Diney521
michigan
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Beautiful old home”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We visited the Heartstone Home on a Saturday afternoon. We parked on a side street and walked the block to the home, rang the bell and were admitted to the house.
Our tour started in the library and continued thru the home. Of all the fireplaces the front sitting room was my favorite. The wood work in the home was amazing!

In the basement were some hands on learning activities about electricity that my daughter enjoyed. It was a great tour and a great visit!

Visited March 2014