“Surprised”
Review of Kangaroostaurant - CLOSED

Kangaroostaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Found the restaurant on Prospect in Appleton to be a bit plain on decorating and style but food was really quite good. My wife had the curry chicken and I had the pork chop. Other party members had comfort food the meatloaf. Everybody in our party and there were 7 of us succeeded into the clean plate club.

1  Thank BigDannyBear

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I've had several lunches here and have been relatively happy! However dinner was not as great! I had the vegetable lasagna. It took a long time and was very disappointing! Very mushy, soaking in a white sauce almost soupy! When the nice server came BackI had said I didn't care for it, she could tell by the amount that I left. She asked if I wanted anything else and I said no. However nothing was offered off the bill which surprised me and no one else came over to see if there was anything else they could do. So this trip was disappointing , a friend was along for his first time and said he didn't think he'd be back anytime soon. So I was sad that I took him there and was disappointed also.

2  Thank Joel L
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Very tasty food. All of the food is sourced locally and the menu is creative. Dishes change and there are daily specials. The salads were very good and had many varieties of greens. The cheese curds were wonderful as well. A great place for a family or group. Very friendly staff.

1  Thank KarinWisc
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have heard great things about their food truck so we decided to give their sit down restaurant a go. It was a great choice. We especially like any place that serves locally produced items. We started our might with a very tasty Wisconsin vodka martini. The menu isn't huge but does offer enough choices. I began with the soup of the day as I always do. Good choice. My wife ordered the chicken salad and said it was great. I had one of my favorite comfort foods, Mac and Cheese. It was a fine blend of WI cheeses. We made the choice to sit outside on the patio. With the great Memorial Day weekend weather it was a fine choice. I rarely give a new restaurant this high of a review but was impressed by both the food and service. We will ad the Kangaroostaurant to our rotation.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Top notch chef at this place! Very special, gourmet dishes. Great salads, great dressings. Limited menu, but doesn't matter. You will find something great on the menu. No Dewars White Label scotch on the bar menu, only single malts. I can't wait to come back when the lovely back patio is open some warm summer evening.