“Interesting and different”

Ranked #46 of 375 Restaurants in Appleton
Price range: US$16 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: There's just something about a fondue pot that invites conversation. Invites laughter. Invites coming together. At The Melting Pot Restaurant, we offer a dining experience like no other. A unique, interactive dining experience creating memorable moments with family and friends. From the time the first piece of bread is dipped and the last piece of dessert is savored, you'll be graced with the time to discover new things about people you thought you knew. And, those you're getting to know. We are the premier fondue restaurant where guests can enjoy a choice of fondue cooking styles and a variety of unique entrees, salads and indulgent desserts. It's up to you. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entree and dessert. Or, come by for fondue cheese paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say, we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie. Whether you're celebrating romance, a birthday or anniversary - or just a night out while the babysitter is in charge - we offer something truly unique. An opportunity to interact and connect while experiencing all fondue has to offer. We look forward to your visit.
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Seemed very expensive, the food was tasty and unique. I had the Surf and Turf with a groupon. The cost would have been over 100.00$ for two people if a tip was added. I've had much better food. Cooking my own food was fun but took longer than I would have liked it to.

1  Thank Joshualoser

Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

Cool experience, my 8 year old loved cooking his own proteins and veggies in a boiling broth. Unlimited refill of veggies (mushrooms, broccoli, and potatoes), A little lacking on flavor but could jazz things up with one of 8 dipping sauces or shake on the house garlic seasoning. Cheese foudue course was tasty and comes with bread, grapes, apples, raw cauliflower, raw carrots, I only really enjoyed the taste of the bread dipped in cheese. Unlimited dipping items with cheese fondue. Dessert was wonderful! Please see picture. Chocolate fondue with a plate of treats including strawberries, bananas, cocoa covered marshmallow, graham cracker covered marshmallow, brownie bites, rice crispy treats, cheesecake. May refill two items on dessert plate except cheesecake. My little boy deemed this as his new favorite restaurant due to the novalty and dessert plate!!

1  Thank catchthetrain
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We went to the Melting Pot for the first time this past weekend. It was fabulous! The entire staff was very friendly!! Our server was fabulous! It is pricey! A couple of us could have shared...we asked about sharing and our server discouraged it, saying the portions are made for one person...which is true...but there is A LOT OF FOOD!! I suggest sharing! They have gluten free options! It was delicious from start to finish...especially finish...the desserts and chocolates made the meal 5 stars!! Would definitely go back for a special occasion...we had 5 in our party...any more than that and I think it would get difficult to keep track of everyone's food while cooking it!

Reviewed 5 May 2013

When I called to make reservations they asked if we were dining for a special occasion and I told them it was for our anniversary. They set me up with 6 roses and they took a picture of us and put it in a frame for only $35. My wife cried when she saw how nice it was all set up. They all wished us a happy anniversary and all knew how many years we have been married. Heather our server was great she took us through the menu and made sure everything was great. A manager stopped at the table and she was really nice too. The drinks were excellent. We did the four course dinner each had 2 drinks and had the roses and picture for $136.00. I would highly recommend this place for a special occasion, they take care of everything for you and make sure it's great.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Celebrating a birthday we had dinner with another couple at the melting pot in Appleton WI.

The Melting Pot is a Fondue restaurant. The tables have a built-in smooth stove top.

We went with the four course meal.

The first thing you pick is a cheese course. They put the ingredients in a pot in front of you. The cheese and other ingredients quickly melt as they are adding them. They give you a variety of items to dip like bread and vegetables. They will bring more bread and vegetables at no additional fee.

Next comes a salad, very good but no Fondue cooking involved.

The main course follows. You get to pick from a selection of flavors but this one is more of a liquid. The heat is turned up much higher. You get uncooked food, whatever you picked, beef, chicken, and seafood. You cook the food in the pot then bring it to your plate, changing utensils so you are never putting a utensil in your mouth that touched uncooked food. This course also includes small potatoes and a wide variety of dipping sauces. They will bring more dipping sauces and potatoes if you want more for no additional fee.

At this point we were stuffed, but…next comes dessert. You pick your chocolate. Again this is made in front of you and quickly melts. Then they give you items to dip into the melted chocolate, from marshmallows, to fruit to cheese cake.

Remember how I said we were celebrating a birthday? They surprised is by bringing us very beautiful chocolate covered strawberries. I felt bad eating them they were so pretty. I took a photo and you can see this photo below.

This is a expensive restaurant for Appleton. With one drink each and tip our bill was just over $100 per couple. Our server did an excellent job. The high cost means this is more of a rare treat then a frequent stop however it’s worth it for special occasions if you can afford it. The waiter mentioned the website often has specials. Also you can order a la cartet, meaning just the items you want so you don’t need to do the full four course meal like we did.

We liked the Melting Pot and felt it worth the cost for celebrating a special occasion.

4  Thank TravelVlogger