“Unique,great food, but pricey”
Review of Melting Pot

Melting Pot
Ranked #43 of 369 Restaurants in Appleton
Price range: US$16 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: There's just something about a fondue pot that invites conversation. Invites laughter. Invites coming together. At The Melting Pot Restaurant, we offer a dining experience like no other. A unique, interactive dining experience creating memorable moments with family and friends. From the time the first piece of bread is dipped and the last piece of dessert is savored, you'll be graced with the time to discover new things about people you thought you knew. And, those you're getting to know. We are the premier fondue restaurant where guests can enjoy a choice of fondue cooking styles and a variety of unique entrees, salads and indulgent desserts. It's up to you. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entree and dessert. Or, come by for fondue cheese paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say, we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie. Whether you're celebrating romance, a birthday or anniversary - or just a night out while the babysitter is in charge - we offer something truly unique. An opportunity to interact and connect while experiencing all fondue has to offer. We look forward to your visit.
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Food was delicious, well seasoned, using top ingredients, & interesting variety of dips & drinks. Staff friendly, well trained and helped make the all around experience great. Date type atmosphere (dark) but could barely read the menu. one went on trust that things were clean, but all seemed to be in good order & very well presented. Our bill for the two of us with the cheese fondue, salad, variety platter ( with 2 shrimp, 2 bites beef, 2 bites chicken & small lobster tail) along with 2 mixed drinks was $122 without tip. They do have some good package specials - see Friday night ($68 for 2 with movie passes).

1  Thank MaMi1976

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Think of this as a unique experience. The quality of the food was 'average' at best. The quantity was plenty. The price for a meal was quite high. If I go again, I would just do the cheese course and dessert. Maybe add a salad. The entrees are way too expensive for the quality. I would go again just for the experience.

1  Thank ForSure53
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Seemed very expensive, the food was tasty and unique. I had the Surf and Turf with a groupon. The cost would have been over 100.00$ for two people if a tip was added. I've had much better food. Cooking my own food was fun but took longer than I would have liked it to.

1  Thank Joshualoser
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

Cool experience, my 8 year old loved cooking his own proteins and veggies in a boiling broth. Unlimited refill of veggies (mushrooms, broccoli, and potatoes), A little lacking on flavor but could jazz things up with one of 8 dipping sauces or shake on the house garlic seasoning. Cheese foudue course was tasty and comes with bread, grapes, apples, raw cauliflower, raw carrots, I only really enjoyed the taste of the bread dipped in cheese. Unlimited dipping items with cheese fondue. Dessert was wonderful! Please see picture. Chocolate fondue with a plate of treats including strawberries, bananas, cocoa covered marshmallow, graham cracker covered marshmallow, brownie bites, rice crispy treats, cheesecake. May refill two items on dessert plate except cheesecake. My little boy deemed this as his new favorite restaurant due to the novalty and dessert plate!!

1  Thank catchthetrain
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We went to the Melting Pot for the first time this past weekend. It was fabulous! The entire staff was very friendly!! Our server was fabulous! It is pricey! A couple of us could have shared...we asked about sharing and our server discouraged it, saying the portions are made for one person...which is true...but there is A LOT OF FOOD!! I suggest sharing! They have gluten free options! It was delicious from start to finish...especially finish...the desserts and chocolates made the meal 5 stars!! Would definitely go back for a special occasion...we had 5 in our party...any more than that and I think it would get difficult to keep track of everyone's food while cooking it!