“Expensive”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expensive”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Two 12 inch pizza's and 4 soda's for $46.00 plus tip? That was a lot. The pizza tasted good though. No free refills on soda either. That's a shame especially when you pay $1.79 for the first one. My elderly mother spilled her soda because of those ridiculously weird & large straws they give (macaroni noodles are they?). The wait staff was there to hand us rags for us to clean it up ourselves but NEVER did they bring her another one or offer to bring her another one. So she drank water from the tiny cup they served it in. She didn't even get a refill of water. The waiter never came back to our table to ask us how our food was. Just showed up after we had been sitting there for awhile and said "do you want a box?" And the bill came with the pizza, why? so they don't have to come back to the table after serving food? Not sure if we will return.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Christine H

Appleton, Wisconsin
“If you want real pizza - this is the place to go”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

If you like Pizza Hut or Dominos, don't go to Frank's. However, if you love real pizza, you will be happy you came. The Frank's special is amazing!

Visited May 2014
Wisconsin
“Went to Frank's for a Beef Sandwich”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've lived in Appleton all my life and have been to Franks' many times. I've been hungry for one of the beef sandwich's, which I haven't had in many years, so we went there last night.
We went early, around 5 o'clock, and not many people in the restaurant. My wife and I both ordered the beef sandwich and the salad bar. The sandwich was $9 and the salad bar is $6, which we thought was expensive as the beef sandwich comes with nothing but some sliced dill pickles.
I thought the sandwich was good, but not as good or as big as they used to be. The salad bar was OK for the price I guess, with the regular stuff on it.
Not that impressed with the beef sandwich, but will probably go back again some day for the ravioli, and see if that is as good as it used to be. Will probably not order the beef sandwich anymore.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank svogt101
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastically Unique Wisconsin Pizza....delicious..prepared the same as it has been for years!!!”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Wonderful superbly seasoned pizza....and peppered roast beef sandwiches. When in Appleton or traveling nearby...dont miss this place!

• Visited March 2013
Appleton, Wisconsin
“It's run like it's 1955”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Only restaraunt I've ever been in that doesn't take credit cards. No POS system, waitress with a calculator telling me my bill was $100. Pretty close I guess. Pizza was average. Deep dish was good (got the order wrong...)Regular crust was very greasy and undercooked because they make their half-full restaraunt of sit down customers wait about 40 minutes on a Fri evening while they are busy shoveling pies out the door for delivery. Expensive for pizza, never seen a $26 veggie before. For a staff of what seemed like over 20 (think they outnumbered the customers), we still had to flag the waitress down for service during the overly long wait. Far better pizza joints in town. Decor is nice...

• Visited January 2014