“Birthday”

Ranked #114 of 366 Restaurants in Appleton
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Famous Dave's of Appleton has been serving the Fox Valley Community since 1997. For the past 15+ years we have been providing the Famous BBQ that Famous Dave Anderson came up with and perfected over a 20 year period. The first Famous Dave's was opened in 1994 in Hayward, WI and there are over 180 Famous Dave's through the United Sates and Canada. For take-out, catering or dine-in Famous Dave's of Appleton is the place to be!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Birthday”
Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

We went here for my birthday as I had a coupon for a free meal. Love the atmosphere. My husband got the fish sandwich and he said it was fairly good. I got the pulled chicken sandwich. Biggest let down was that I only got about 15 or so fries. Not sure if they shorted me because the meal was free but makes me hesistant to come back.

• Visited April 2013

Ashland, Wisconsin
“Delightful in many ways”
Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

We took our grandson with us out to eat. Our server was most accommodating to him...and we appreciated that a lot. The 99 cents special was a pleasant surprise too. Our food arrived and everything we had ordered was so tasty..from the mild to the devilish sauce that they offered on their menu. We were are so full when we departed with much anticipated left overs. Our server was genuinelky very nice. We will return again and again.

• Visited April 2013
Wichita, Kansas
“great..!”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

The Famous Dave's in our town shut down so I was delighted to see a Famous Daves's here.. Great service and great BBQ..

Visited April 2013
“Usually Flawless”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

My husband and I went here for his Birthday this year. We ordered all of our usual favorites (I like their boneless wings and he likes the chopped pork open sandwich) We also always get the onion haystack. It's very greasy, but always delicious and the dipping sauce is to die for. This trip was not as great as usual. First our meals came before our onion strings, so we just cancelled them, and my husband's sandwich had quite a bit of fat throughout it. Hoping it was just a fluke as all of our other trips there have been wonderful; therefore I rated them a 4.

• Visited March 2013
“Damn Great!”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Just do not go there often enough.

Excellent tender tasty vitals. Have never been let down on any count. Clean restrooms.

• Visited February 2013