“Solid”

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Famous Dave's of Appleton has been serving the Fox Valley Community since 1997. For the past 15+ years we have been providing the Famous BBQ that Famous Dave Anderson came up with and perfected over a 20 year period. The first Famous Dave's was opened in 1994 in Hayward, WI and there are over 180 Famous Dave's through the United Sates and Canada. For take-out, catering or dine-in Famous Dave's of Appleton is the place to be!
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Famous Dave's provided a solid experience. The food is good but not great. The atmosphere is also good but not exceptional. It is a place that is comfortable.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Had a great meal this week at this Famous Dave's. The ribs were moist, meaty and fall of the bone tender. The roast chicken was just as good.

This is the way that I like my BBQ and the staff here did a great job.

The staff were friendly & well informed. They seemed to like their jobs & made guests feel welcome.

If you share my taste for juicy & tender BBQ with sauce on it and friendly staff then I don't think you need to look anywhere else around the Appleton area.

Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

This chain is usually good but my chicken was not. The beans were average and luke warm. The sauce and overall presentation was disappointing and to be frank not worth going out of my way for. I avoided baked potatos cause they put too much salt on them. My wife had beef and they made a reasonable job of the brisket. That leaves the pork. Thats my suggestion cause there were a lot of trophies at the entrance. From what i saw and tasted it wasnt for the chicken and beef.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

This is truly a great place for BBQ ribs . The lunch menu prices are very good and the portions are generous. I really enjoyed the Rib tips, Baby Back ribs and St, Louis ribs.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Famous Dives is a barbeque style restaurant in Appleton Wisconsin. This is a chain restaurant.

The dining area has an eclectic decor with fishing items, pig roast itmes, highway signs and other items scattered amongst the walls.

We split the feast for one and found it to be just the right amount of food for two adults. The food was tasty and service prompt and friendly.

We were at Famous Daves on a Friday night and it was very slow. There was only one other couple dining and one person sitting at the bar area.

It was a hot day but the restaurant was cold, very cold. Before we even brought it up to our server the server apologized to us for how cold it was. By the end of the meal we were so cold we needed to leave. I was shivering. I have never been so cold while I was in a restaurant.

I have mixed feelings doing this review. The food and service was quite good. The restaurant is lacking customers. The area has a lot of competition but many of the other restaurants are very busy. Some competitors have a line to get inside. This place needs to do something so it doesn’t go out of business.

Did you find this review helpful? If so please click on the “YES” below.

Been to Famous Dave's? Share your experiences!