“Very busy, but worth it.”
Review of Mark's East Side

Mark's East Side
Ranked #3 of 366 Restaurants in Appleton
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Cuisines: American, German, Bar, Soups
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family owned and operated since 1967. Marks is a long time area favorite for lunch and dinner serving hand cut steaks, fresh seafood and award winning German fare. Come and relax in our well stock bar featuring a wide selection of liquor, beer and wine. Open 6 day a week, lunch Monday thur Friday and closed on Sundays. Hope to see you soon. Mark DoughertyOwner
Chequamegon Bay
“Very busy, but worth it.”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We found the restaurant extremely busy. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Drinks were good. The bathroom was clean, and beautifully decorated.
Restaurant was beautifully decorated for Christmas.
Dinner was good. My salmon was wonderful, but my husband's walleye was bony. Others at our table had boneless walleye. Possibly an isolated issue.
Service was impeccable. Wonderful evening.

• Visited November 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great German food, good beer selection”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I always enjoy a nice German meal and Mark's did not disappoint. Wonderful bar area and great bar keeps. Service was fantastic and made quick and on point recommendations. We were seated at a large table with over a dozen people in our party but felt as if we were at a table for 4. Appetizers were great and the sauerkraut balls were something special to themselves! I opted for the combination platter as I could narrow it down to just one entree! Everything was delicious and cooked perfectly. I left full and fulfilled.

Visited October 2013
Berkeley, California
“Next Time Make it Mark's”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Good service, slightly pricey, good food. Had the Lake Perch which was good. Great for special events.

Visited October 2013
appleton, WI
“Fabulous fresh fish on Friday!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I love the fresh fish that usually comes on Thursday, I believe, and is served until gone. The recipes are unique and very tasty. I also like that they are served with vegetables and wild rice. I like the lighter meals so I can splurge on the sourkraut balls while enjoying some of the best mixed drinks in the valley!

Make sure you get there early or late. Waits can be an hour. If you can wait in the bar it's okay, but sometimes even the bar is packed. I love this place!

• Visited October 2013
Houston
“Felt like I was back in Germany”
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Sat at the bar and had a nice Sauv. Blanc. Not New Zealand but ok. Really enjoyed the veal schnitzel. Lots of mushrooms in the gravy. Sauerkraut was awesome. Molten lava cake was just decent, not served warm. Wish it were earlier in the evening and I would have tried an appetizer.

• Visited October 2013