“Always a great experience”
Review of Mark's East Side

Mark's East Side
Ranked #3 of 392 Restaurants in Appleton
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Cuisines: German, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated since 1967. Marks is a long time area favorite for lunch and dinner serving hand cut steaks, fresh seafood and award winning German fare. Come and relax in our well stock bar featuring a wide selection of liquor, beer and wine. Open 6 day a week, lunch Monday thru Friday and closed on Sundays. Hope to see you soon. Mark Dougherty Owner
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The place has a long tradition going back to when it was "Bills" It was great then and it's great now. The experience starts with great drinks. If you're not from the area, ask for an Old Fashion.
They make a mean one here. The food here is way beyond the expected "Supper Club" fare. You know from the beginning, that all the courses are created not just tossed together. I had a clam chouder that was over the top. I then got a fish I never heard of and it was great. We had a family member there for her birthday, With just a quick request, they served a cute cake to the table. I will always go back when in the area.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great food, excellent ethnic food such as German and Irish. A great place to socialize with friends. Wonderful service and very friendly staff. Some nights are busy but a large bar area and great service. The food is well worth the wait. A menu with something for everybody.

1  Thank jschlais
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Marks gets a five from me because of the friendly staff, accommodating restaurant and the best fish sandwich I've ever had. We had a large group and were brought right in. Time crunched they rushed our orders through n promptly took care of us. I was wow'd today. I Would return again and again!

1  Thank RckStarr
Reviewed 21 May 2014

A friend and I had the mahi sandwich special and the other gent had salmon. My mahi sandwich was outstanding. good fish and excellent sauce. Friend said the salmon was excellent as well. The owner stopped by to check how the service and meal was, always a good sign, and both were super.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

One of the best restaurants in to relax and have food ranging from great steaks, fish ,German food. Pick a day, come with your appetite wait for a great meal and wonderful selections.
Mark cuts his own steaks. The onion soup is to kill for.
You may have to wait, however the wait is well worth it!