“Fantastic addition to the Appleton Restaurant scene”
Review of Gather Americana Restaurant - CLOSED

Gather Americana Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Felch, WI
“Fantastic addition to the Appleton Restaurant scene”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I visited Gather soon after it opened; the only reason I haven't given it five stars is that the service is still trying to find it's mojo -- to be expected with any opening.

The decor is warm and inviting with a fire place separating the bar from the dining area. They have a nice mix of wood and stone with an atmosphere that is bustling, but it's not so loud that you can't hold a conversation with a date or friends. The music is definitely at background levels making for a nice change of pace to many of the noisier restaurants in the area.

The menu was fairly limited when I visited, but seemed to be of very high quality. Gather is in the farm-to-table genre and the quality of the dishes reflect that mindset.

I had the carpaccio (high quality beef with yummy, meaty flavor) and the mushroom ravioli.

The beer selection is welcoming with Bells, Central Waters, Oskar Blues and Old Bavarian among the tastings that I had on my visit.

The bartenders are pleasant and knowledgeable, but were still working on their behind the bar flow during my visit.

Overall, I'm ecstatic. This is a great place to get comfortable for a nice long chat with friends.

• Visited February 2014