“Nicely Accommodated Special Diet Needs”
Review of Gather Americana Restaurant - CLOSED

Gather Americana Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Deli, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This restaurant is a gem. It is located in a shopping center directly across the street from the Holiday Inn in Appleton. The atmosphere is minimalist modern Americana and there is a nice outdoor seating area. I also noticed a dining room separate from the main dining area next to the patio which might be available for private parties. Having several dietary requirements, I asked a lot of questions and the owner, John, spoke with the chef, who came up with a tasty and interesting lunch which met my needs. I was delighted to find a restaurant where the priority is on local and organic foods.

3  Thank 60742Traveler

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I had a great "dining experience" at Gather last Friday night. The first treat was a superb bartender who had a great knowledge of his craft. He made an authentic Moscow Mulle in the appropriate glass and a Campari Americano, both without checking a manual.

Dinner choices consist of small, medium, and large plates, designed to be shared. Everything is served with extra silverware to facilitate sharing. We enjoyed plates of Slow Cooked Painted Pork Belly, Goat Cheese Gnocchi, Pickled Beet Salad and Broccoli soup, and ended with Vanilla Cheesecake with salted caramel sauce.

Ingredients are locally sourced, and purveyors are proudly printed on the menu, which changes monthly. Presentation was exquisite. Our waiter, Michael, was knowledgeable and had a great sense of humor. The interior has a feeling of warmth and serenity. They are adding a patio which was not yet open for our visit.

We finished the meal with (Flaming) Spanish coffee--a preparation not to be missed.

Cost of our meal with drinks was very reasonable. We are planning a return trip next weekend!

3  Thank NYU17_Mom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Warm, relaxed atmosphere and vibe in a restaurant that features locally grown and sourced food. Great bar serving craft beers on tap, excellent wine tap as well! Recent meals included the best grass fed ribeye ribeye I've ever eaten, and I've had them at many of the 'name' steakhouses all across the country. Breakfast on Saturday was locally sourced scrambled eggs, veggies and herbs served with fantastic bacon and a fresh grilled ham slice. Do yourself a favor. Give it a try.

4  Thank Candleshadow
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Maybe if our waitress would've been more attentive rather than flirting with her coworkers at the bar, they would get a better review. Food was average and overpriced. Host was rude and ignored us on the way out.

4  Thank Sherry L
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This a comfortable contemporary atmosphere restaurant on the west side of Appleton with good accessibility.
I attended a beer tasting in May 2014. The selection is good and the staff listen and made great recommendations.
I will go here again when I return to Appleton this fall.

1  Thank Lkralovec