“Ramada Appleton”

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed 5 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
JenDeBauche, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Reviewed 30 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
JenDeBauche, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Reviewed 28 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed here for three nights recently on business. I'll say right up front that I avoid Ramada properties at all costs, both for business and leisure travel, as most have little curb appeal and there are just too many horror stories out there. But my customer booked this for me at their corporate rate, so I had no choice. I was really surprised with the quality of this hotel, I have to admit. The building itself is pretty nice inside and out, check-in was fast and friendly, the room was huge with two comfortable beds, and the bathroom was large with decent water pressure from the shower. Good TV channel selection, and the heating system worked well and was reasonably quiet. Oddly, though, the easy chair was on the same wall as the TV, so it could not be used to watch TV unless you dragged it across the room and placed it between the beds. And it had no lamp so it was useless for reading, too. But most importantly for someone who travels frequently, the place was clean, top to bottom. I checked out the breakfast offerings only on the first morning; pickings were slim and they were actually out of milk (how does that happen??), so I would say that's the only real negative. Most of these lower tier hotel brands don't do breakfast very well anyway, so I would say my expectations were met...I have been told by a couple of coworkers, though, that the place has slipped since it was the Settle Inn. It must have been super-duper then, because I was pretty satisfied. With the exception of the poor breakfast experience, I think it's a Hilton Garden Inn or Hyatt Place masquerading as a Ramada.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Good Morning KSUBaker,

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I am very glad you were pleasantly surprised with our building and customer service. We are currently going through and interior design make over and one of the items on that list is more lighting in the guest rooms. I do apologize that we missed the mark with our breakfast. It is feedback from guests like yourself, that help us see our facility through our guests eyes and help us make changes where needed.

Thank you again for your time and feedback,

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I am a 70 year old grand mother who brought my 11 yo grand daughter to Appleton to see my 40 yo daughter who has learning difficulties. I booked 2 nights in a double queen room with a rollaway bed.Anna made my reservation and ended up checking us in and she was a delight. We went to a movie that was Valley Value and she knew the place and recommended it and actually was interested in what we thought when we returned. Some of her comments have since prompted me to read the books. My grand daughter Zoe left a message for the staff the next morning (unknown to me) that whoever made her bed would they please do something funny with her bear. Well she was not disappointed - it was such a joy!! Jack was on duty that day and he was so kind and funny too. The pool is great as was the breakfast. I will definitely go back. With my military discount it was well worth the cost too.Thank you all ever so much!

Room Tip: Not sure if there was a spa so to speak there was a gym and a indoor pool
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
JenDeBauche, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Hello Pam F,

Thank you for your amazing review of your recent stay here at the Ramada Appleton. I am so glad that you enjoyed our staff and all aspects of our hotel. As a team, we try to surprise and delight our guests and I am very happy that the mission was accomplished with you and your family. Feedback such as this shows our team that the little things that we do do not go unnoticed. I will make sure to share your kind words with both Anna and Jack.

Thank you again and we hope to see you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
JenDeBauche, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights while visiting family. Room was large, clean, softest pillows ever! Nice breakfast and so close to everything. Staff were nice and no problems. Would highly recommend, oh and you can't beat the price.

• Stayed: April 2014
JenDeBauche, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Hello LabMom2008,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Appleton. I am glad that you found everything you your liking.

Please come to see us again.

Thank you again ad have a great day!