“I love this hotel - the atmosphere and accommodations are second to none.”

Cambria hotel & suites
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Appleton
Kimberly, Wisconsin
“I love this hotel - the atmosphere and accommodations are second to none.”
Reviewed 3 March 2011

Cambria Suites was the site of one of my business events...everything about this hotel is top notch - the meeting room, our hotel room and the staff. The staff bent over backwards to meet our needs and went above and beyond. The decor is very high end and contemporary. Our room was fabulous, the beds were super comfortable and the location is nice and quiet. The whole hotel has a "spa" feel and is very welcoming and relaxing. Everyone who attended my event was very impressed as well. I cannot wait to use Cambria Suites again this summer. I highly recommend them for your next business event or even just a weekend getaway. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank WannabeesByAnne
yodes, Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this review, 4 March 2011
Thank you so much for the kind words!!! We strive very hard to give each and every one of our guests the best service and a fantastic stay!!! We LOVE to hear that our guests have a wonderful stay with us!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 March 2011

I've stayed at this Cambria several times, and everytime I'm there it feels like I'm at home, not in a hotel. Having both a "bedroom" and "living room" in the suite really makes it feel like a lot of space. The bathrooms are extremely nice and have always been very clean during every stay I've had there. The beds are absolutely amazing, very comfortable, and I'm always able to get a good night's sleep. The staff is wonderful; they are always extremely warm, friendly, and welcoming. Very highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank 35805Aurorarose
Our main goal at the Cambria Suites is that we anticipate guests need and we exceed them!! Whether you stay with us for a business trip, leisurely weekend with family, or a surprise getaway -we want to be your destination. Not only do we love to see repeat guests, but they become like family to us. Thank you!!!
Marinette, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 February 2011

When I travel, the days are long until the time comes to settle down and go to the hotel of choice. The Cambria is my hotel of choice. The parking is very convenient and the front desk staff greet me with a warm smile and make me feel vauled as a customer. They ask me about my day and look for ways to make my stay convenient, relaxed, and special. The rooms are always spotless with a welcoming coffee maker and fridge in each room. Even though there are restaurants near by, I choose to eat in the lounge. Good burgers, salads, sandwiches and excellant beverages. The entire staff greets you with a smile. This is why I keep coming back home to the Cambria.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
New Hope, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 February 2011

The room and rate were very reasonable. I loved the layout of the room, and as I spend time working in the room, the addition of the desk separate from the bed was very nice. However, I came in after a long flight and wanted to order room service. The website (and the in room services book) clearly stated there was a restaurant and room service available- dinner on Saturday and Sundays from 5 pm to 11 pm. When I asked at the front desk I was told the restaurant is always closed on Sundays and no room service was available. When I asked if there were sandwiches available as a grab and eat, they had only one salad in the cooler.... and this was at 5:00 pm! I would have made different arrangements if I had known there was no restaurant on site the day I was traveling.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank jeanette017
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Prior to staying at the Cambria I opted to stay at Marriot Hotels in order to accumulate points. After one stay at the Cambria I will never stay anywhere else in Appleton, WI.

First and foremost, the staff is comprised of some of the nicest individuals you will ever meet. They go above and beyond to make every guest feel comfortable--as though you are family. What a wonderful group of people!

Beyond the great employees, the hotel suites are incredible. Extremely comfortable, cozy, and modern the rooms have everything one might need for a comfortable stay--be it one day or 1 month!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Escanaba, Michigan
Reviewed 17 December 2010

I decided to spring a suprise shopping trip on my better half this morning, and went online looking for a decent hotel we hadn't stayed at yet. Found Cambria Suites, and made a reservation. We have a 1 year old daughter, so traveling has taken on a whole new meaning. When we got to the hotel (SO easy to find off HWY 41) the staff was very informative and accomodating (we wanted a dvd player for the girl's movie, we find it provides a bit of continuity when we are away from home; the dvd player was free for the asking). The room was an absolute delight, roomy and clean and tastefully decorated, with TWO tv's so i could watch sportscenter. the pool area was clean, the hot tub was hot (don't laugh you know they aren't, always). i would SO recommend this to anyone i know. we are making reservations for later in the year, very pleased.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Iowa
Reviewed 18 October 2010

I could have easily given this property a top rating, but the completely unacceptable check-in process gave this property and chain a huge black eye. The “on duty manager” wanted to charge me $40.00 more than the quoted rate on my reservation because that is what was in the computer. He was not willing to honor our quoted rate, but required confirmation. Even with a printed email confirmation, he continued to want to argue the rate. In fairness, when we first presented an email confirmation, we initially inadvertently presented an original confirmation which had us staying 3 nights which did have an $18.00 higher rate than the active reservation. The correct active reservation which we presented did clearly have the lower rate. (A few days prior to the date of the reservation, I had received an additional email reminding me of my reservation with the correct rate as well). I can understand that things do on occasion get fouled up, but the attitude I encountered in having to debate to get the quoted rate went beyond reason. I did eventually get my quoted rate after being told “if it’s that big of deal to you”. Hardly a customer service orientated attitude. As to the property itself, it met all of our expectations. It was clean, well appointed, and comfortable. If there was one a complaint about the property itself, it would be the extremely slow draining sink.

I did call and share my experience with the general manager, who assured me the handling of my check-in would be addressed and that it was their policy to honor a quoted rate.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family