“eaa stay” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Appleton
Sister Bay, Wisconsin
“eaa stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

my wife and i stayed there the week of eaa for 14 years ,we always had same room for about 5 nights we always paid a little more to keep room highest was 189.00 new owners this year he said about 209 minus tax i said i wouldnt pay that much he said we would work it out ,he completely remodeled(all he did was put in carpeting rooms were still beat up ,were paying with tax 250 while talkiing to neighbors on both sides same room paying 159,even his employee at desk said it mwasnt right ,talked to him next mourn he wouldnt do nothing called comfort suites green bay ,they were full but put us up in pres suite for 189 and 4 days in a better room for 89.a night ,he argued he was always filled eaa week thats wrong hes always filled last weekend of eaa,the managers just a greedy jerk,and the rooms are older there not remodeled id would gladly give my name ,as unacomidating he was comfort suites was just the opposite ,was more driving every day but still worth it

Room Tip: go somewhere else,i cant believe it after all the years my wife and i went there
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Bob S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Appleton Inn, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
I apologize for recent experience you had at the Best Western Fox Valley Inn. We have not only changed the carpets, but we have also made our pool into a salt water pool, upgraded the beddings in each room, put granite tops in each room as well. We have upgraded all our room to a much higher standard. Please visit us again to experience all the changes we have made.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Gladstone, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Best Western this past weekend. The room was spacious and clean. The breakfast buffet was AWESOME. We encountered a situation while eating breakfast in which I have to say that the worker at the Best Western handled it very well and appropriately. She was doing her job asking everyone for their breakfast tickets and she came upon a table with two adults and two childrend (kids ages were about 15-17). When she asked them for their tickets, the man got very loud and said the tickets were in their room and if you didn't believe him their room number was ###. She politely walked away and said thank you. I was very pleased with her reaction and very disappointed that the customer treated her the way he did, she was only doing her job. Nice big pool area too.

Room Tip: we stayed in the king size bedroom and it was very spacious.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bob S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Appleton Inn, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Brooke, we are so glad that your night away with your husband was a great one. Thank you for choosing to with us and enjoying all the amenities we have to offer. We take a lot of pride in our well-trained staff. Thank you again. See you again.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

I reserved a room here at 3:00~ ish in the afternoon. We arrived for check in just before 9pm. The room I paid for was not the room I got. THAT was Orbits mistake. What I did not appreciate was the manager at the motel said he could not change the room to what I paid for (they didn't have any available) The part I thought was dishonest was he said he was unable to refund my money. I had to call Orbitz. So, after waiting for 22 minutes on hold in the lobby, I got someone on the line from Orbitz. He placed me back on hold and called the motel. They confirmed that there was an error in booking. Then the manager at BW quietly told the Rep he would process a refund. When I asked for a receipt, he gave me a blank invoice (with no dollar amount listed) and he hand wrote refund to AMEX. (I used a Discover) I questioned him on this, he heavily sighed like I was bothering him, and walked away. WOW Super customer Service. They should offer CS training courses for other businesses.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I am so sorry for the inconvenience that we have caused. Be assured that all the issues addressed will be improved upon under my supervision. Please visit again so that we can show a very pleasant family experience.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I have stayed at the Best Western Fox Valley Inn many times.. They have been very nice and very accommodating. I once left my computer charger on accident and they were kind enough to call me and let me know. The lady at the front desk held the charge for me.

With all of the over priced hotels in the area Best Western Fox Inn is the best bang for your buck!! I highly suggest this place.

I have never swam in the salt water pool but I hear it is a healthier way of swimming and cleaner for the environment.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chip, thank you always choosing Best Western Fox Valley Inn. On your next visit, you have to try out of salt water swimming pool. It contains no chlorine, so you will not get red eyes. Please come back soon to enjoy our pool and all other amenities we offer. Thanks again and see you soon.
Gould City, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We were on our way back to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan after our Thanksgiving trip to Portland, Oregon. The great flight deal on Southwest Airlines required us to fly out of Chicago Midway. We decided that due reports of the freezing rain at home and the fact we were tired from flying and driving, we would stop over in Appleton for the night and do some shopping at the nearby mall. I booked the room for a fantastic price on Kayak as we neared the city. We were very pleased with the location, the room, and the indoor pool area. In room refrigerator, microwave, free internet, and large HD tv. Would be a great place to bring a family. We chose to eat dinner at the attached Bistro and found it delightful also. Pleased with our purchase. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Check available room types online before booking to make sure you get what you want. Ask for room ov...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Becky for staying at the Best Western in Appleton. I am so glad that you enjoyed the wide variety of amenities we have to offer. It was a pleasure to serve you during your stay. Please visit us again and thank you again for choosing the Best Western Fox Valley Inn.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Our stay was satisfactory at this location, we will be back between Christmas and New Year's Eve. Breakfast was to be served until 10am but on Nov 30th cleanup began at 9:20am and by 9:35 am everything was removed, 3 people came in and nothing was available for them. Finally got heat regulated due to the hotel's new heating system. There was a lack of help in cleaning up garbage in the pool area, and breakfast area, garbage was overflowing. Salt water pool was great. Next time I hope poolside room means we can see the pool not the parking lot from our room. Staff was courteous and friendly, owner denied later checkout stating room was needed. Family member lives in Appleton and the next day we noticed fewer cars in lot so we could have left an hour or 2 later. Need more cleaning staff for the upcoming holidays. No place is perfect but we will try it again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bob S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Appleton Inn, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Hello, I am sorry for the inconvenience you faced during your recent stay during the Best Western Fox Valley Inn. Our website states that breakfast is served between 6:30 am to 9:30 am. During the check-in process, our front desk staff informs each and every guest that breakfast is served till 9:30 am. In regards to the poolside rooms, the rooms have 2 sets of window, one facing the pool and another one facing the parking lot.

Due to the nature of the busy season, our checkout time is 11:00 am, and we do need to be ready for the guest arriving by 3.00 pm.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience again and during your next visit on Christmas Eve. I will make sure all the troubles will be taken care of.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for three days, rooms were clean, staff was friendly and the hotel overall was great. Great location in regards to places to eat and shop. You must check out the bar/restaurant on site at the motel. Very friendly staff, great happy hour deals and the food is excellent! The owner Scott was very friendly and runs a great place! Will stay there again!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Bob S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Appleton Inn, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Aaron, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed all the amenities at the Best Western Fox Valley Inn. Please visit us again and thank you again.