“HORRIBLE HOTEL AND SERVICE!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Appleton Inn

BEST WESTERN Appleton Inn
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Appleton
sherri_lee919@yahoo.com
“HORRIBLE HOTEL AND SERVICE!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

HIGHLY recommend you stay somewhere else!!! This was the worst hotel that I have EVER stayed at. Upon arrival there were problems- we came for the pool that looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. The pool area was disgusting and looked like someone threw a party and forgot to clean up- the room that we were given was shoved in the back far away from the pool and you have to walk down a LONG, UNHEATED hallway that was so cold it had frost completely covering the glass- someone could get sick!!!

THE ROOM: Disgusting- it looked like it hadn't been cleaned- hair still left in the drain in the shower, tissue and toliet paper empty, not just dust but a film of dirt sitting on top of hairdryer and counter in bathroom. Looked like someone got hungry because there was chunks missing from the chair, paint chips missing from the wall. Out of the 2 phones in the room- one of them must have been for decorations because it didn't work. The heating/cooling system worked when it wanted to...Toliet kept running non-stop (try sleeping to that) Barely any water pressure in the shower. So many young kids staying at the hotel, after 6pm until midnight they decided to knock and then ditch a good 10 times.

SLEEP EXPERIENCE: I feared for my safety as well as my kids safety. At one in the morning, outside my door there was a fight between what looked like 2 women but more than 10 people were in the hall screaming, shouting, yelling using obscene profanity. Woke up all of my children. Called the front desk immediately to report the fight- seemed like I was interrupting them...I called back 20 min later and the front desk guy, MICHAEL kept hanging up on me playing phone games. 2 hours later still going on- cops were called...so around 3am I still couldn't go to sleep, it was horrible!!

DINING EXPERIENCE: Thought it would be fun for the kids to wear their pajamas to breakfast since they were so tired from being kept up. The lady- who I later found out was the OWNER/MANAGER of the hotel questioned why we didn't have tickets to eat (it was a "always free continental breakfast), she was trying to prevent us from going into the dining room and eating. After we got that cleared up- and getting into 5 minutes of eating...NIKKI SANGHRVI, yelled at me with a whole room full of guests and in front of my children. Saying that I need to watch my children and that they couldn't go up and get food by themselves, and that guests were complaining that they were running around. My children went up to get a piece of fruit and throw something away and I was so mad at this point that I couldn't just let her yell at me. Inches from my face after I got up and said that she will NOT talk to me that way. waving her hands around spitting in my face. The whole scene was horrible and she told me if I didn't like it that I should leave the hotel. I mean at least 5 minutes of her degrading me in front of guests and cutting me down in front of my children and this is supposed to be the owner??? After I said what I had to say, I continued to sit down and finish my meal with my children and everyone kept staring at me and whispering. Apparently I wasn't the only one she was picking on that morning, she kept yelling at other families- it was HORRIBLE. I went to the front desk to complain where I was told she was the owner, and I said go get her I would like to talk to her- and the front desk guy came back to tell me that she said she was busy and had better things to do with her time than listen to complaints!!!! This is when about 5 or 6 people came up behind me to tell me how they saw the whole thing and how sorry they were of how that lady treated me and my kids. NO ONE in their could believe it. Everyone was disgusted and I wasn't the only one that that lady picked on that morning. They all kept apologizing and telling me to ignore that lady and that they would NEVER stay there again!!!

I am disgusted with this whole situation. I always take my children somewhere fun on their birthday weekend to make their day special and unique and I have never felt so ashamed and felt like I wasted so much money in my life. We got the hotel for the location and the pool and we didn't even get to use the pool. Thinking about the whole hotel stay makes me sick to my stomach and I just want everyone to know. I will cutting this and copying it to as many travel sites as I can, because I don't want this to happen to another family. It will be worth it to spend a little bit more money and go stay at a higher ranked hotel. I bet most of these positive reviews were done by friends or family of owner.

SHERRI E.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel!!!!!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sherri_lee919
Bob S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Appleton Inn, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
I am very sorry for the experience you had. That night we had some extreme circumstances. Our atmosphere at the hotel is never like that. We have a very tight security with high-tech cameras to unsure the safety of our guests. And with regards to the breakfast tickets, that is also a safety measure for our guests because we do not want unauthorized guests to enter and bother our guests. Please visit us again for a better experience and give us another chance to show you what we are all about.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Crystal Falls, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

This is a very nice and clean hotel, everything is updated! The new carpets are very nice and attractive. Every room has upgrades, new fixtures in the showers, new shower curtains, granite counter tops, new carpeting, new updated TV's, new heating/air conditioning units in each room, new décor on beds and window treatments. The outside was updated this past summer with new stucco finish, including the attached restaurant. The pool is updated to salt water, which is very popular now. The pool area is very large with sky lights and living trees and plants, there is handicapped access to pool for guests with disabilities. I have not seen this at other hotels, There are rooms for guests with pets. There are refrigerators in each room. The front check in desk area is all up dated and very nice. The attached restaurant will soon be featuring The Blueberry Hill Pancake House! The food is amazing! The beds are always so comfortable and we sleep so well, we do not even consider staying at any other hotel!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bob S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Appleton Inn, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Mary, I am so glad that your trip with your family was a great one at the Best Western Fox Valley Inn. We have updated our rooms, changed our decor, and added new features such as a salt water pool for our guests' enjoyment. Thank you so much for noticing all the upgrades. Please visit us soon.
Sister Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

my wife and i stayed there the week of eaa for 14 years ,we always had same room for about 5 nights we always paid a little more to keep room highest was 189.00 new owners this year he said about 209 minus tax i said i wouldnt pay that much he said we would work it out ,he completely remodeled(all he did was put in carpeting rooms were still beat up ,were paying with tax 250 while talkiing to neighbors on both sides same room paying 159,even his employee at desk said it mwasnt right ,talked to him next mourn he wouldnt do nothing called comfort suites green bay ,they were full but put us up in pres suite for 189 and 4 days in a better room for 89.a night ,he argued he was always filled eaa week thats wrong hes always filled last weekend of eaa,the managers just a greedy jerk,and the rooms are older there not remodeled id would gladly give my name ,as unacomidating he was comfort suites was just the opposite ,was more driving every day but still worth it

Room Tip: go somewhere else,i cant believe it after all the years my wife and i went there
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I apologize for recent experience you had at the Best Western Fox Valley Inn. We have not only changed the carpets, but we have also made our pool into a salt water pool, upgraded the beddings in each room, put granite tops in each room as well. We have upgraded all our room to a much higher standard. Please visit us again to experience all the changes we have made.
Gladstone, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Best Western this past weekend. The room was spacious and clean. The breakfast buffet was AWESOME. We encountered a situation while eating breakfast in which I have to say that the worker at the Best Western handled it very well and appropriately. She was doing her job asking everyone for their breakfast tickets and she came upon a table with two adults and two childrend (kids ages were about 15-17). When she asked them for their tickets, the man got very loud and said the tickets were in their room and if you didn't believe him their room number was ###. She politely walked away and said thank you. I was very pleased with her reaction and very disappointed that the customer treated her the way he did, she was only doing her job. Nice big pool area too.

Room Tip: we stayed in the king size bedroom and it was very spacious.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brooke, we are so glad that your night away with your husband was a great one. Thank you for choosing to with us and enjoying all the amenities we have to offer. We take a lot of pride in our well-trained staff. Thank you again. See you again.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

I reserved a room here at 3:00~ ish in the afternoon. We arrived for check in just before 9pm. The room I paid for was not the room I got. THAT was Orbits mistake. What I did not appreciate was the manager at the motel said he could not change the room to what I paid for (they didn't have any available) The part I thought was dishonest was he said he was unable to refund my money. I had to call Orbitz. So, after waiting for 22 minutes on hold in the lobby, I got someone on the line from Orbitz. He placed me back on hold and called the motel. They confirmed that there was an error in booking. Then the manager at BW quietly told the Rep he would process a refund. When I asked for a receipt, he gave me a blank invoice (with no dollar amount listed) and he hand wrote refund to AMEX. (I used a Discover) I questioned him on this, he heavily sighed like I was bothering him, and walked away. WOW Super customer Service. They should offer CS training courses for other businesses.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I am so sorry for the inconvenience that we have caused. Be assured that all the issues addressed will be improved upon under my supervision. Please visit again so that we can show a very pleasant family experience.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I have stayed at the Best Western Fox Valley Inn many times.. They have been very nice and very accommodating. I once left my computer charger on accident and they were kind enough to call me and let me know. The lady at the front desk held the charge for me.

With all of the over priced hotels in the area Best Western Fox Inn is the best bang for your buck!! I highly suggest this place.

I have never swam in the salt water pool but I hear it is a healthier way of swimming and cleaner for the environment.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chip, thank you always choosing Best Western Fox Valley Inn. On your next visit, you have to try out of salt water swimming pool. It contains no chlorine, so you will not get red eyes. Please come back soon to enjoy our pool and all other amenities we offer. Thanks again and see you soon.
Gould City, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We were on our way back to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan after our Thanksgiving trip to Portland, Oregon. The great flight deal on Southwest Airlines required us to fly out of Chicago Midway. We decided that due reports of the freezing rain at home and the fact we were tired from flying and driving, we would stop over in Appleton for the night and do some shopping at the nearby mall. I booked the room for a fantastic price on Kayak as we neared the city. We were very pleased with the location, the room, and the indoor pool area. In room refrigerator, microwave, free internet, and large HD tv. Would be a great place to bring a family. We chose to eat dinner at the attached Bistro and found it delightful also. Pleased with our purchase. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Check available room types online before booking to make sure you get what you want. Ask for room ov...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Becky for staying at the Best Western in Appleton. I am so glad that you enjoyed the wide variety of amenities we have to offer. It was a pleasure to serve you during your stay. Please visit us again and thank you again for choosing the Best Western Fox Valley Inn.