“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Appleton
Madison, Wisconsin
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a weekend get away. We didn't have a reservation and showed up at about 8PM. Sandip at the front desk was so welcoming and accommodating. He was able to get us a room for both Friday and Saturday night for a reasonable price. Sandip seems like a definite asset to the hotel. The room was very nice and clean. There must have been some kind of kids state tournament going on because the hotel was packed with kids running round all weekend. It was kind of unfortunate because we were not able to checkout the pool area because it was literaly PACKED all weekend with the kids and their familys. We also thought the hot breakfast was awesome, especially since it was included with the stay. The only real complaint I have is about the maid service. We left the room Saturday and they came in and cleaned our room (which is fine). They ended up taking a wine bottle that was left on the counter. It had maybe and inch of wine left in it, but I was also concerned about the bottle because it has setimental value to me because my boyfriend and I were celebrating something. They also took the bow and the cork that was sitting next to it on the counter. I feel as though they should not take anything that is not actually in the garbage whether they think it is garbage or not!! All in all, this is a nice hotel and I would most likely stay again given the opportunity.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I was skeptical when I saw the exterior of the building but the lobby was quite nice and I was very impressed when I walked into my room. The bedroom and bathroom were very clean and nicely equipped. There was a desk, large TV, large refrigerator, coffeemaker and an area to hang your coats or clothes. The room appeared to have been remodeled and updated at some point. There was newer furniture and a nice AC / heating unit. The room smelled clean and I appreciated the individually wrapped cups in the room. The pool area was also clean with plenty of comfortable seating and tables to relax at. There was a ping-pong table, pool table, arcade games, and places for young children to play. Pool goes from 3 foot to 8 foot deep and was warm. The salt water filtration system did not burn your eyes or leave you smelling like chlorine. Staff was very friendly and breakfast was A pretty typical continental breakfast. If I had any complaints it would be that the towels in the room were stained, torn, and worn out. Also if your room is conveniently positioned around the pool area it can be noisy from 9 AM until 10:30 PM.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Menasha, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I selected this hotel after researching Appleton hotels for a family "staycation". We thought the pool area would be a lot of fun for all of us, and the website said that this hotel was newly renovated. When I made my reservation, the only room available was a poolside bridal suite with a whirlpool and mini bar. I envisioned a relaxing, comfortable room with a beautiful whirlpool tub and stocked mini bar. The "mini bar" and whirlpool tub area looked very old and like it hadn't been cleaned in a while, there was a lot of dust and hair around the tub and around the bar shelves. The bathroom floor grout and caulking was black. We put towels on the tile floors because they were so cold. The floor under the whirlpool tub was so cold it was very uncomfortable to sit on and made the water go cold very quickly. From check-in until the pool closed at 10, there was a school sports team in the pool area with children running wild and parents drinking. There were so many rowdy kids in the pool that we did not get to enjoy the pool at all with my toddler. Our room was on the corner, sharing one wall with the stairs, and with a smoking area outside our window. We had kids running up and down the stairs as loud as could be, and smokers hanging out outside our window, 6 feet from our "relaxing" whirlpool tub. I requested a crib for my son, and was told that the crib was broken so I was given a Pack n Play instead. 2 of the staff and I tried our hardest to set up one broken Pack n Play after another, and after the third one we finally had one that was working. (My back is still sore from trying to snap the bars in place) The staff was very helpful considering what they had to work with. One floor lamp was missing a knob to turn it on, and the other one was loose, leaning, and could barely stand up. Overall, I feel like for the price we paid we could have had a much nicer suite. This room was worth half of what we were charged.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Crystal Falls, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We love to stay at this hotel when we are in the Valley! Bob and Nikki have done so many updates and are not finished yet, they keep improving Best Western, Fox Valley Inn. The new carpet is very nice throughout the hotel, the bathrooms have granite countertops and new fixtures. The pool area is so open and light from the sun roof over head, live trees grow in the pool area!! The pool is salt water which is really nice, there is no chemical smell like other hotels!! The continental breakfast has a very large selection. The beds are so comfortable we always sleep so good when we stay and we love the pillows!!! The staff is very friendly, from the desk to the housekeeping staff, we feel welcomed when we stay!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Skadia, United States
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Excellent room, liked the wood floors! The king bed was very comfortable and the pillows were great! Did need a blanket and one was provided within minutes. Large table/desk area was much appreciated as well as the comfortable chair.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

River Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We have stayed here many times. We were extremely disappointed this stay. Our room was dusty, the chairs had many stains, the bathroom floor was dirty, and the soap dispenser in the shower was empty. To top it all off we had rented two rooms for my husband and myself and our 5 children. Even though the website and the sign outside the hotel (and even the hotel directory in the room) states that breakfast is free, it was not for us. We had to pay for our 13 year old daughter. Even though it was $5 it just upsets me because I feel misled.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank KatyPup
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

The night auditor was rude and very dismissive. This is the second time we have had this experience at this establishment and believe me we will not stay here again. I will also recommend to all of my business associates to never stay there as well. When driving 16 hours straight to experience this blatant rudeness is beyond inconvenient. I do not tolerate this behavior from my employees, It saddens me that you do. I also called the customer service number and asked for a manager to call me. I was assured this would happen as it is just plain good business on your part. However I was never contacted, bad business on your part. I will also be posting this review on your website and Facebook page. Have a great day.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business