“Less than average food - Disappointing!”

Beefeaters British Grille & Ale House
Ranked #66 of 376 Restaurants in Appleton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 October 2013

If you have eaten at Beefeaters in the past and decided to come back, you might be very disappointed to find out that things have changed:

Our experience at Beefeaters was so disappointing that I sent a letter directly to management via their web site. Needless to say, that was almost 30 days ago and I haven't heard a single response back from them. I think that I gave them ample time to contact me before I went on line to post this review. Obliviously, they don't really care how their customers are treated and/or the quality of their food.

Our meal started off with a cosmo that the bartender mixed so weak, that I beg to argue that it was anything other than 4 ounces of pure cranberry juice. For $6.50 I expect more, so I kindly sent it back and asked for a new one. The waitress returned with a cosmo that was mixed so strong that you couldn't even drink it. My belief is that the bartender was ticked off that I sent the first one back, that he mixed it too strong on purpose just to be a jerk! He even had the nerve to come into the dining area just to see 'who' returned the drink in the first place!! I caught his 'look' and he quickly darted out of the area and returned to his position behind the bar. I didn't even bother to send the second one back....who knows what he would have put it in the next time. Ick!

My 9 and 6 year old children ordered child size lemonades with their meals. The were delivered to our table in children's lidded cups, just as we ordered. However, when the bill arrived we were charged adult beverage price ($2.49) for each of them. When I questioned the waitress about it, she said that 'there isn't a button on the computer for childs size lemonade, so I had to choose a big one." Really?! Then I think that it is time to update the computer or just charge us for one adult drink instead of two to cover the cost. They didn't even have refills!

My husband order the Friday fish fry. The batter was so greasy and thick, that he had to peel it off before he could eat the fish....what little bit of it that was there after the batter was removed.

I had the tomato bisque soup. It was good. The kids meals were just average as was my entree. Nothing that I would return for.

This wasn't our first trip to Beefeaters. In the past, we have always loved our food and our service. But, we noticed that the menu has changed and obliviously, so has their standards of fare and service. We won't be back....

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

I love the look of the place...the bar was nice and they served cold Smithwicks!!! The server was nice however food came out confused as did our bill. I loved the shepards mashed potatoes however the salad is nothing special and a huge no points for the 21 oz ribeye that has 10 oz of fat...our group of 10 would rate this place average for food but in a good environment.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Food was excellent, and the beer selection is great. But, my service was absolutely horrible. Maybe because my items were for take out---I sat at the bar, ordered my food to go. I'd expect at least for them to offer water, or upsell to me for some beer. But absolutely nothing--had to hunt down a waitress to order. But, once I got the food,...the food was quite good.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We ordered the Saturday special Prime Rib. Meat was very tough. Too many restaurant choices out there to suffer with poor quality food.

2  Thank Unclehub
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I had the broiled haddock dinner. Came complete with salad and potato. The food was very tasty. Although I called in for a carryout meal, the atmosphere was very welcoming and fun when I went to pick up my food.