“Wonderful and romantic”

Ranked #1 of 385 Restaurants in Appleton
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My husband and I went here last night before the Jim Brinkman concert at the PAC and we loved everything we had. We started with the flaming cheese, delicious! All meals also come with a hummus appetizer served with a really great bread, then a Greek soup, salad and then entree. We shared the special Mahi Mahi and then ordered one of the lamb dinners. The chef split them in the kitchen which really enhanced the presentation. We had a bottle of delicious zin from California called Predetor. Really good. Excellent personal service from Jason, very good waiter. We will be back.

2  Thank Peggy M

Reviewed 22 November 2013

We love to try different cuisine and since the Apollon was highly rated, we gave it a try. We were not disappointed.

Restaurant was clean and décor was interesting. Even for a Thursday night, it became quite busy as our meal went on, so I would recommend that you make a reservation.

Our server was able to provide advice, as we don't have much experience with Greek food. My wife had the seafood trio, and I had the mixed grille, as I enjoy lamb. We were served fresh bread and hummus immediately.

The meal started with a delicious, different soup, followed by a salad. We both enjoyed our entrees, though the portion sizes were slightly smaller than we expected. We followed up with a dessert, again taking a cue from our server, and again we were steered toward something delicious.

While we did not have wine, they had an extensive list available. In hindsight, I wish I had asked if they had a Greek beer to try, but as the place is quite fancy, I almost felt embarrassed to ask for a beer.

Overall, it was very good, slightly expensive, but worth the visit.

1  Thank jaywalker17
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We really enjoyed our dinner at Apollon which is a Greek/Mediterranean restaurant. Two of us ordered very good rack of lamb dishes which were very tasty and excellently prepared. My wife went with a more traditional Greek dish and it was outstanding. The next time we visit I will probably go more traditional Greek food. I also ordered a bottle of Greek wine and it was both a good value and went very well with the meal. The prices are reasonable given the quality of the food and the very pleasant atmosphere.

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

We celebrated our anniversary there tonight and were not disappointed. Service was excellent as were the entrées. We will certainly dine here again. Special place for a special occasion.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

From the atmosphere to the food and wait staff, Apollon is truly a place to celebrate a special occasion.

My mother is from Chicago and used to great tasting, authentic food and she could not say enough about Apollon. We had chicken and spinach pie, both were out of this world! The prices of the meals range from $18 to $29, which include bread, soup, and salad. Drinks were generous, and dessert was amazing. For 2 people, without tax and with 2 drinks, entrees, 2 coffees, and 2 desserts, the price was only $66. Truly a fabulous place.

They also offer lamb and gyros as well. I have not tried these, but I am certain the lamb is cooked to perfection!

Only drawback I could see is this is a very intimate setting, where younger, slightly more squirmy kids would be a distraction and disruption.