“Fantastic Sushi and Japanese 'Small Plates'”
Review of Nakashima's Japan

Nakashima's Japan
Ranked #22 of 378 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This place is a teppan house, where you sit at the big grill table while a chef puts on a show, but although I've eaten at this restaurant dozens of times, I've never done so at one of those tables so I won't comment on the food there. I choose instead to eat on the bar side. It's cool, dark, with good tunes playing, and a great menu featuring sushi, sashimi, and interesting Japanese influenced appetizers and salads from very talented chefs. On our last visit, we had a variety of traditional sushi rolls (Keppa, Tekka, Oshinko, etc.), some new style (Boston, Mexican with shrimp, avocado, and cilantro), and some ginger flavored avocado salads. Good Miso soup too! Service is good, even when it's crowded. IMO, the Fox Valley's BEST sushi!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We have dined at Nakashima's several times...always for a special occasion. I cannot comment on their sushi offerings as I don't eat sushi, however, their hibatchi-style dinners are very tasty and worth the price. My husband and I have done the dinner for two where you get chicken, steak and shrimp...cooked at the hibatchi grill at the table, right in front of you. The girls have gotten just the chicken. The entertainment of the skilled chefs really can't be matched by other restaurants and is what makes the hibatchi dining experience so much fun. And it's yummy to boot!

Because it's a more expensive dining venue, we have only gone to celebrate birthdays and anniversarys -- but it's well worth the price. Keep in mind I am only reviewing the hibatchi dining here which I know to be more $$$.... If you are looking for a review of their sushi, you will have to look for another review, sorry.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Visited Nakashima's after work on a Friday with a co-worker and had an awesome experience here. The food was all great and the service was even better. Would highly recommend this place and be sure to check out the ninja above the door on your way out! Also I'm going to have to try a few of these hibachi tricks at home, may make a big mess.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

My husband and I ate here for an Anniversary Dinner. The staff was great. He ordered a specialty Roll, which was good. I ordered some basic rolls and they tasted as good as anything I have bought from the grocery store. Over all we had a nice time

1  Thank Jamie D
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This is our regular date night destination...for good reason. The sushi menu is excellent, we've eaten just about every item on it several times over. Prices are reasonable especially considering the quality. We've also done hibachi several times....also a great experience!

1  Thank Chris53336