“Fun Hibachi Experience”

Dining options: Dinner
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Fun Hibachi Experience”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was in town visiting a friend and we decided to eat at Nakashima's. What a fun experience! Our cook (or whatever they're called here?) was very funny and talented and our waiter was friendly and serviced us quickly. While there was tons of food and plenty of leftovers, I will say that the sushi wasn't the best. If you're looking for amazing sushi, I'd go to an actual sushi restaurant. But it was still a nice appetizer for the rest of our dinner!

• Visited May 2014

“Fun birthday ”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

On the 10th a group of us came here had great time, the food was outstanding the chef put on great show made my birthday special: )

Appleton, Wisconsin
“Fantastic Sushi and Japanese 'Small Plates'”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This place is a teppan house, where you sit at the big grill table while a chef puts on a show, but although I've eaten at this restaurant dozens of times, I've never done so at one of those tables so I won't comment on the food there. I choose instead to eat on the bar side. It's cool, dark, with good tunes playing, and a great menu featuring sushi, sashimi, and interesting Japanese influenced appetizers and salads from very talented chefs. On our last visit, we had a variety of traditional sushi rolls (Keppa, Tekka, Oshinko, etc.), some new style (Boston, Mexican with shrimp, avocado, and cilantro), and some ginger flavored avocado salads. Good Miso soup too! Service is good, even when it's crowded. IMO, the Fox Valley's BEST sushi!

Visited April 2014
“Delicious and fun!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We have dined at Nakashima's several times...always for a special occasion. I cannot comment on their sushi offerings as I don't eat sushi, however, their hibatchi-style dinners are very tasty and worth the price. My husband and I have done the dinner for two where you get chicken, steak and shrimp...cooked at the hibatchi grill at the table, right in front of you. The girls have gotten just the chicken. The entertainment of the skilled chefs really can't be matched by other restaurants and is what makes the hibatchi dining experience so much fun. And it's yummy to boot!

Because it's a more expensive dining venue, we have only gone to celebrate birthdays and anniversarys -- but it's well worth the price. Keep in mind I am only reviewing the hibatchi dining here which I know to be more $$$.... If you are looking for a review of their sushi, you will have to look for another review, sorry.

• Visited August 2013
“Awesome hibachi grill”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Visited Nakashima's after work on a Friday with a co-worker and had an awesome experience here. The food was all great and the service was even better. Would highly recommend this place and be sure to check out the ninja above the door on your way out! Also I'm going to have to try a few of these hibachi tricks at home, may make a big mess.