“Nice Selection in a Convenient Location”

Fox River Brewing Co
Ranked #24 of 375 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I travel to the Appleton area regularly for business and the restaurant options can get a bit monotonous. The Fox River Brewing Company is one of the few places that feels like home - there are plenty of options that are not heavily fried or smothered in grease and cheese. All of the items I've had have been fresh tasting and well prepared, and the menu is diverse enough to please anyone in your party. The space is open and airy, and the service has been friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

I drove to Appleton with my family for a weekend to do some shopping. For some reason I lucked out and my wife said I could go grab a beer while she shopped. I found the mall map, and walked briskly to Fox River Brewing Co.

The place was busy and loud on a snowy February Saturday, around 3:00 pm. The atmosphere is pretty cold, with tall metal ceilings, tall tables, and a concrete floor. Bass-heavy 80s music and lots of conversation complete the theme. It's a mall after all.

Service was crisp and fast. A pint of Scottish ale arrived quickly and we perused the menu. It was early afternoon, between lunch and dinner, so we ordered the premium nachos with chicken and pico de gallo to share. The food came pretty quick too. The portion was huge, but liquid cheese drowned the crisp chips and soon they were mush.

After another excellent Scottish ale I forgot about the food. But the 80s music droned on. "Let's hear it for the boy..." That's 80s right? I'm getting too old for this.

Reviewed 11 February 2013 via mobile

I ate here on a Busniness trip and I was not blown away but it was not bad. I had the white chicken chili and the walleye and both were ok. The service was good and there was a crowd so I assume most people were there for the beer. They had a large selection of house made beers. I will give this place another try on my next trip.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

We went here to eat as we were in the mall area. Now to be honest this was not our first choice but every other place in the area had a 30+ min wait. Here we got seated immediately. The hostess was friendly getting us seated. The table is covered in paper so our 2 year old had a blast coloring on the table.

We ordered a sampler platter that was good. It did not come with bbq sauce but it was no problem getting some. I had ordered the steak. It was cooked exactly as I ordered it. It came with red potatoes covered in a very tasty gravy. I also had several of there micro brewed beers that also very very good. The menu even has suggestions as to what to try with the food you are eating.

My wife had fish and chips that she enjoyed. She also is not much for micro brewed beers but our server made a suggestion and was able to get something that she enjoyed more than she expected.

Overall it was a meal that hit the spot and we left full and satisfied.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 10 July 2008

decent bar food and they brew their own root beer

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook