“Great Social Atmosphere”

Harmony Cafe
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Goodwill NCW recently announced the closure of its Harmony Cafe coffeehouses in Green Bay and Fox Valley. But even after the buildings close on Dec. 31 (4 P.M.), The Harmony Cafe spirit will live in all who passed through its doors. And to that end, we'll celebrate Harmony's impact on our region. Harmony Cafe - founded as a welcoming, inclusive, and vibrant place to celebrate diversity - has served thousands of people through hundreds of events and scores of community partnerships. Harmony has affected our region in many positive ways, small and large, and improved the lives of people of all ages, backgrounds, beliefs and orientations.
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This place has become a fixture for the younger generation of Appleton and I hope it stays for years to come. I'm glad I was able to enjoy their food for the last 2 years but unfortunately the food began to take away from their true focus of community engagement, and they have officially stopped serving lunch/dinner. On one hand a applaud their decision to refocus the coffee house but I sure do miss getting lunch there. It's still a great place to get coffee, socialize and support a non-profit organization.

2  Thank MakesSenseToMe

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stopped in at the Harmony on a Saturday around noon, before heading out to do some shopping. It was quite busy due to an afternoon recital, but that wasn't too much of a problem. When we ordered, the cashier acted strange when I asked for mayo on the side on the walnut burger, but said it would be no problem. I was worried until I heard the other cashier cheerfully assure customers that special orders were easy to accomodate.

We waited 1/2 hour for our sandwiches, at lunch, which seemed pretty long for a place that is not a sit-down place with servers. When our sandwiches were ready, mine had obviously been sitting for a while (I could see the counter while we waited), and there was mayo on it--lots of it. The counter person apologized and said a new sandwich would be ready right away. 10 minutes later, and we had been there for 45 minutes--and in the meantime, my husband's sandwich (southwest wrap) and our sides had been served. The fruit side was fine, the hummus and pitas were not great. The pitas were nicely toasted, but the hummus was way overloaded on cumin. At this point, I told my spouse that I was not that hungry, and we left. We did not ask for a refund, it was not worth waiting around any longer!

2  Thank wishokie
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This is one of my favorite places to go get lunch. Not only is the food awesome but its helping a nonprofit that does good things for the community. My favorite by far is the walnut burger. It is so mouth watering delicious. I was away for a few months traveling and when I got back that is the first thing I wanted. The whole menu is good and I have never hear of someone not liking their food. Definitely stop in and enjoy!

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

The casual Harmony Cafe which has breakfast; lunch and dinner is excellent. The vegan & meat items are unique. I am writing this review after my lunch (Drew Street Wrap A+) and I noticed a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2013 Award. Enough said - try it .

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Found this great little cafe as I was walking downtown looking for lunch after a business meeting. It has a great menu, and an eclectic vibe. The woman taking the food orders was friendly and offered suggestions, etc. Food was fantastic, and the atmosphere is cozy.