Brasilia Palace Hotel
Mercure Apartments Brasilia Lider(Brasilia)(Great Value!)
US$54
  • Pool
Grand Mercure Brasilia Eixo(Brasilia)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$45
  • Restaurant
US$113
US$105
St Paul Plaza Hotel(Brasilia)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$49
  • Breakfast included
US$79
US$71
Melia Brasil 21(Brasilia)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$60
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Quality Hotel & Suites Brasilia(Brasilia)(Great Value!)
US$72
TripAdvisor
2,274 results
All reviewsdesigned by oscar niemeyerpiece of historypoolside restaurantsleek linesplace to staypublic spacesa wonderful stayhotel is situatedgovernment buildingschecking invery nice hotelarchitecturelaketaxicitygeniussixties
Reviewed 28 January 2012

if you go to brasilia for the town planning and architecture, this is the perfect place to stay. the hotel was designed by oscar niemeyer and beautifully restored in 2006 after it had burned down and been abandoned for almost twenty years. although some elements of the original design have been changed and some of the newly added furniture is awkward, the overall impression is still of elegant simplicity. the location is a bit away from the city centre, but we didn't feel this was a major disadvantage as you mostly move around the city by taxi anyway. there is a gorgeous egg-shaped outdoor lap pool in the garden. service was excellent for brazilian standards. the price is unbeatable on weekends - we paid 165 reais. all in all, highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank andorbln
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stayed here for one night when visiting Brasília for a weekend. The main draw of the hotel is probably the fact that it was designed by Oscar Niemeyer and was one of the first hotels built in the city.

The building has a lovely 1960s retro-futuristic vibe and nicely caps off the Brasília/Niemeyer experience. The interiors of the hotel also feature modernist design and furniture, which is a very nice touch. Service was polite and efficient, but the only staff I encountered were the receptionists (though this may have been because it was a weekend). The hotel was quite empty and I got a very good deal online for a twin room over the weekend. The room was quite spacious, with a balcony. The hotel is very clean. The location is not very central, however it is adjacent to the Presidential Palace and only a ten minute taxi ride from the Praça dos Tres Poderes. The designated "hotel sectors" are quite dreary in comparison.

Overall I had a very good stay and would definitely return, especially if I can find as good a deal online as I did on this trip.

Room Tip: Keep the curtains drawn if you have an east-facing room; I was woken up very early by the glare of the sun.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2011

My husband and I spent one weekend at Brasilia Palace.
As usual, it was hot and sunny in Brasilia, so we were able to enjoy the pool - and that was great.
I've read some reviews complaining about no pool service and I can say that's no longer a problem. Polite waiters offered us whatever we wanted to drink and we were able to enjoy cool bevarages by the pool.
The room is also good (can's say great since they still have those huge tvs and the shower was not the best).
Breakfast was delicious.
We rented a car, which is a good idea being in Brasilia, since everything is far away, so the distance was not a problem for us, but the hotel is a bit far from downtown and in the middle of nowhere - but with a great view of the lake.
It's also a bonus that it's a historical building, with beautiful panels.
Overall, it's a very good choice, specially if you get a great deal for the room (we paid US$ 100)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dannlaly
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We are two women travelers from USA who love modern architecture and specifically chose to stay here during our last night in Brazil. Upon arrival we were assaulted by their defunct sewer system and the large sewage hose & truck outside of our window. (It should have been a sign.) On the way to our new room - the halls were moldy and old smelling. We had internet challenges in our new room. Staff did not speak English very well so translating was difficult in both the hotel and the restaurant. When I left early the next morning, I paid for any extra charges (which took almost 30 minutes making me rushed for my international flight). I left behind my friend who had a later flight that night, who was sleeping in. My friend called and emailed me around noon (as I reached Panama and she was checking out) to inform me they had her "under house arrest" (with a guard shadowing her where ever she went) because THEY FORGOT to charge my credit for the room upon arrival the day before. I was thinking it was already charged online when I made the booking AND when I checked out at 3am paying any "balance" on the room. After several emails and phone calls the room was properly charged and my friend "released" in time to catch her int'l flight. Not the QUALITY of experience you might envision from a hotel of this so-called caliber. Recommendation: Drive by or walk through to see the masterpiece, then stay somewhere else, nearer the airport. (FYI - It cost 60 reais (about $40 US) to take a taxi to the airport.)

Room Tip: We stayed in 333 - two twin beds
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank TravelGirlUSA333
Reviewed 8 August 2011

This hotel is heaven for anyone who appreciates style in architecture and decor. The 1960s design of Oscar Nemeyer has been perfectly restored to its elegant modernist vision. The location by the lake is cool and a respite from the dry Brasilia winter, and the building design channels the breeze... we didnt need to use the air conditioner. The beds are superb, the breakfast offers a wide range of fresh fruit, pastries, Brasilian specialties, the restaurant is first class, and the staff are friendly. The location is a little out of town by the lake. If you have a car this is the best place to stay in Brasilia. Even if you don't have a car (we didn't) its still only 10 minutes in a taxi to the centre, and its a far better atmosphere than the main hotel sectors. We also did the city tour offered by the hotel which was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple