Allia Gran Hotel Brasilia Suites
Mercure Apartments Brasilia Lider(Brasilia)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Saint Moritz Hplus Express(Brasilia)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$65
US$59
US$119
US$110
St Paul Plaza Hotel(Brasilia)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$79
US$71
Travelocity
Bonaparte B3 Hotels(Brasilia)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
US$62
  • Restaurant
1,298 results
All reviewshotel districtroom servicesaunaoptionamenitiesbusiness
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Allia Gran is OK -which is pretty much what you can say for comparable alternatives such as Comfort Suites a few yards down street or Grand Bittar. The reception area is pleasantly furnished, and the staff are efficient and speak English. My room on 14th floor was Brasilia standard issue brown/beige decor- not as big as Comfort Suites. It had a flat screen TV but like Bittar no international channels. A bonus however is that it has an iron& board ( neither Comfort Suites or Bittar provide this). There is fridge with some minibar drinks but oddly the room has no drinking glasses. The bathroom is drab but functional. My room had a large window with a good view down to the lake but the interior was gloomy caused by several lights not working. The hotel breakfast area was busy but offers the most limited choice of the 3 hotels I have used. I used room service one evening and it was efficient. On the basis of my experiences of 3 trips to Brasilia in the past 6 months I would say there is not much to choose between these fairly average hotels.

Room Tip: Go high for a view
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Due to a business trip to Brasilia, this hotel was booked for me for a quick stay. As mentioned by other reviews, no taxi driver knows the place by its new name, only by its old one Sonesta and "near Brasilia Shopping". Brasilia Shopping also should be the choice for eating, food in the hotel is costly. Although my reservation vouhcer was correct, when I arrived there was a problem in the hotel computer, my name was wrong as well as the period of my stay, whihc was booked ofr the last week of May instead of yesterday. As I noticed, each of the costumers that arrived afte me where having some knd of similar trouble: either the period was wrong, or the arrival date, so that was kind of curious. The hotel is trying to sell itself as a novelty due to the name change, but the infrastructure tells otherwise. Since the lobby, there are dirty walls and not so new furniture. At first this could be mention as details that supposingly are going to be dealt with. However, the relative abandonment continues into the apartments, although spaciuous, they looked and smelled stale. The carpet is the worse, as well tha cloth covering the bed, really dirt and old. Fortunately, sheets on the bed were clean, but if you put something dirty on top, what´s the use? Shower does not work properly, but on the bright side, ammenities were nice and there is hair dryer in the bedroom, not standard issue in many hotels in Brasilia. Near midnight I was surprised by someone knocking on the door, which has no view for the corridor. Since I had the no disturb sign on and ordered nothing from room service and was travelling solo, I simply did no open the door and shouted through it asking what was the matter. As for as I could hear, some sort of delivery, I told the guy it was not for me and he apparently left. However, 5min later the person came knocking on the door again, insisting that whatever it was, it meant to be delivered at my apartment, and once more I refused to open, the person left fortunately, but I was also calling the desk for security. So, I do not if it was room service or anything else, but the sensation was not good, mostly because of the insistence. And, of course, if it was room service, hotel one, the easier solution to solve the doubt was to call the apartment on the phone and not bang twince in the door, in particular after the first time, and most of all, late at night. Would I stay here again? Only if someone books for me, otherwise, I prefer to pay a little bit more and stay at a more pleasant and clean place.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CristinaSPaulo
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Allia Hotel is the same as Sonesta Hotel. There has been a name change on the outside of the building, but no changes have yet been made on Internet. Therefore it is difficult to find the hotel, when you previously made the booking through Internet at the Sonesta Hotel, which no longer exists. What is worse, no one knows this as you are trying to find the way to get there, particularly when you rent a car at the airport erring around town. I pointed this out upon arrival.
There is a free WIFI service, however it lasts only 48 hours, which has then to be re-programmed, if you stay longer than 2 days. The guestrooms are of a good size, beds are comfortable, the bathroom is one of the best I have seen so far. Great shower. The breakfast buffet on the ground floor is of very good quality. Very nice set-up of quality products and good coffee. Unfortunately they don’t have a bar. If you like a Whisky you will not find it in the Minibar either.
Unless you are a technician yourself you cannot get your TV set going as too complicated.
There were some ugly spots in the carpet, which were only removed when I complained on the second day of my stay. Even though rooms are fairly clean, there seems to be a problem with housekeeping control. I know what I am talking about, since I was GM myself for 19 years in deluxe hotels.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a non-smoking room, if you are a non smoker.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Friedrichwelke
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Clean and comfortable rooms, good location (but then on the other hand most hotels are in that area - the hotel sector of the city). Rooms are well appointed, nice bed, in-room safe and minibar, clothes iron, sink, microwave oven and small dining table (but no cuttlery or dishes - which makes the kitchenette somehow useless). Breakfast was included - not much for those looking for an English breakfast, and no vegetables, but lots of fresh fruits.

Would recommend it without hesitation as I found it to be good value for money.

On the minus side, I would note that WIFI is available only at the reception and not throughout the hotel (as advertised). The waiters at the restaurand did not speak English. The pool is 90 cm deep and the size of a larger bathtub.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Formerly known by Sonesta Brasilia, the Allia Gran Hotel (a small 120-rooms property) keeps the original 3-star quality from their original U.S. owners: simple but comfortable, clean, quiet, carpeted rooms, with a very nice bed, in-room safe, clothes iron, sink and microwave oven (but no kettle or dishes). In the other hand, a musty smell, probably from the Jurassic aircon set, but soon you don't notice it. The tiny bathroom has a very good shower, with basic but fine necessaries. Soundproof windows are simply excellent.
They have four or five different types of room, so take a look inside the yours before open your bags - an acceptable one looks like the photos.
Not a great view like nearby hotels, since Allia is located in the middle of higher buildings of the SHN (Hotel Sector North). Very good location, in the central area (in the "body" part of the bird-shaped city), and in a walking distance to the Brasilia Shopping Center, which have a nice food court. Free wired internet, good. The hotel also has a nice free continental breakfast buffet, a couple of computers in the “business corner”; in the rooftop, a small pool, a small gym and a even smaller sauna. Staff's English skills are pretty limited, but acceptable (for Brazilian standards). Room service very expensive (like everything in the town).

The staff is overall polite and friendly, with some brighter and darker spots, but not greenhorns (according to the cab driver, "the kids are the same ones"). Not a perfect stay: the towels are old and thin, and in the first day, the housekeeping didn`t make my room – maybe my fault since I was sleeping until 10AM, but what about the rest of the day?
If you find better prices here than in the best nearby hotels in SHN - both the Mercures and the (not so good) Comfort Suites, give a serious thought to it. Definitively I will stay again here.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business