I had in the past stayed a few times at this hotel, which was rather decent, both in terms of services and prices.
Though somewhat old, it has been refurbished, at least in part,so the room was clean and fine in general.
Neverthless, there were a few serious problems, which will prevent me from coming back here and I strongly recomend you look for another hotel in Brasilia:
1) Shower water was quite irregular in temperature: though sometimes I did get hot water, others, it was mildy warm, while at others simply cold;
2) Breakfast is OK in general, but replacement of items is very slow and they obviously are not prepared to handle a full hotel during the rush of breakfast - everyday many items weren't properly replaced, and that includes dishes and cutlery;
3) Worst of all though, was the Internet nightmare; I travel a lot, including some quite remote destinations in Brazil, where I stay at simple hotels in very small towns; as a rule, there's reasonable Internet at decent speeds FOR FREE everywhere; what would you expect of a four star hotel at a major city, actually a country capital? Forget that, Aracoara offers only outrageously slow web connection at rip off prices. To get a sense of the surrealism: a day of 256 Kbps connection (the fastest one they offer, which is of course still rather slow) will cost you R$ 40 (roughly US$ 27 or so)!!!! As any normal person today needs Internet for living, at Aracoara, a room rate that looks atractive at first will most times no longer be so, after you figure in what you will spend with web access.
4) On top of that, the staff wasn't really sensitive to my complaints - they say web is supplied by a service provider, so it's not really a problem of theirs.
I'm not going back.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Aracoara Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aracoara Hotel Brasilia, Brazil