“Great Hotel”

Mercure Goiania
Ranked #4 of 55 Hotels in Goiania
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, Nice rooms, less then 2 years (business started just in 2011) excellent for a business trip, although the service room and restaurant are a little unflexible and they dont have natural juice (being located in Brazil this is really a shame.) I've being in the hotel since march'13, every week, so its not just fruit lack.

• Stayed: September 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed 31 August 2013

The hotel is brand new with excellent rooms, large bathroom, good gym and pretty close to the main shopping malls at the city (around 4-5 km distance). The breakfast is a little expensive and ok, nothing special. The event space is good, but the air conditioning does not support too many people.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Went to Goiania for a wedding. We stayed there in 2 rooms. As our flight delayed we only arrived by midnight. We had a nice reception. At first the attendant placed us on 2 different floors, but he changed to the same floor as soon as we asked him to do so.
The rooms are nice, have a good decor. I must say I'd rather have a harder mattress, but it was just fine.
Beware that the rooms only have the new Brazilian outlets, and voltage is 220v. But they were fast to bring us an adaptor and a voltage transformer.
There was a paid breakfast that was nice but expensive (R$30, I guess).
Problems:
- at first they were about to charge us twice for the taxes (I had to show him our reservation);
- no regular taxis;
- checkout was a bit messy (we did not get a full description of what they charged us).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I like the Mercure brand and have used it many times. I was in Goiania for a month and stayed at this Mercure hotel 3 times over the course of two weeks. The first two stays were consecutive, first by myself and then with my wife. The third was after a long weekend. The stay itself was quite positive. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, the restaurant was very understanding at our lack of Portuguese and helped my wife make sure to order something that was dairy free. The internet worked well, and there was a good choice on the television. Our only small complaint there was one of the rooms was handicap accessible, which made the bathroom fairly large, but as a result there was no place to put toiletries down in the bathroom.
But my low rating and major disappointment in this hotel comes from what happened after we left. During our third stay, for 3 days, we had a rental car. They only had valet parking and it seemed to be from a separate company. I could not pay for the parking at reception; I had to pay at the booth outside. When we got to the airport, we found that the spare tire was missing. I am fairly sure that this must have happened while the car was valet parked at the hotel. It was only possible to get at the spare tire with the key, and the car was always locked other than in the Mercure valet parking’s care. And if someone had broken into our car during our trip, I doubt they would have removed our luggage, taken the tire, and put our luggage back into the trunk. I was back in Goiania 2 days later, and went back to the hotel to get the name of the manager at the desk. I sent two emails about the problem to the hotel, neither of which was answered. About a month ago, I sent a postal letter to the hotel manager about the problem. I made it clear that I wasn’t asking for anything from the hotel. Even though I am fairly sure this happened there, I cannot be positive. But I am greatly disappointed that the hotel manager chose to ignore all three of my letters, and never answer any of them.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sharon G
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Not only is this Mercure Hotel in a great location but it also primes for it's excelency. Rooms are huge, clean and comfortable. The rooms with single (large singles) beds are larger than the rooms with queen beds.
Staff is nice and accomodating. Delicious breakfast. We had breakfast included in our rate by negotiating in advance. Breakfast can be expensive in Accor Hotels.
Parking is payed for but there's plenty of street parking around the hotel. Great free wi-fi connection everywhere.
All in all, a great experience.

Room Tip: Avoid sunset rooms. Goiânia is really warm all year.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Everything is brand new, rooms are quiet, blankets are cozy, breakfast is great...
The only complain I have is that the day we arrived we had dinner at the restaurant and they lacked almost everything in the menu, so we did not have a lot of choices to pick from.
They excel on what they want to deliver.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
LucasPelizzon, Manager at Mercure Goiania, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for all your compliments regarding structure and equipments and mainly the breakfast, which we are working to be a hotel and brand magnifier.
I trully apologise for the inconvinience regarding the restaurant menu. We are already working on a menu changing which must might be ready into the next few weeks, as well the launch of our FEIJOADA on saturdays.

I hope we host you on your next trip to Goiânia.

Regards.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

Very good Mercure with nice equipped rooms. Well located, nearby city centre, and close to other very good hotels.
It has 24 hour room service and a restaurant, although there is some restaurants and diners on the other side of the street.
A little bit expensive for a Mercure. If you don´t need the extra room space or the room service I recommend staying at Ibis on the same street.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UnkinkedCougar7
LucasPelizzon, Manager at Mercure Goiania, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Dear. Sr.

We really appreciate your comments and observations about our hotel.

On your next trip to Goiânia we hope you stay with us so you can enjoy our hotel services and facilities.

Best regards.