“Must do in Bonito,”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Must do in Bonito,”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Rio da Prata is a definite 5 out of 5 experience, but three things made it a four out of 5 for me, none of which are the fault of the venue but my experience can perhaps help others:
1: We were booked on a 1pm tour but arrived at 9am. I think we could have got a transfer to look at the Blue Lagoon like others. This was us being stupid. And don't get me wrong, we do enjoy a game of Gin Rummy, but it gets a little tiring after your 8th. We did tour the complex, but that took all of 10 minutes.
2. On the walk through the forest to get to the river, the mosquitos dug in. Understandably, you can't wear mosquito repellent for this so the water is not contaminated. I wholeheartedly agree with this but the bite I got on my hand made my wrist swell up so much two days later I couldn't get my watch on. All I can counsel here is vigilance - the snorkeling is worth any kind of lasting discomfort, but if you're a pasty Northern European like us, be aware!
3. When the instructor tells you to go left to avoid rocks, do what he says. I managed to nod dumbly and then ignore the advice completely and gashed my knee. Also, if new to snorkeling as I was, concentrate on your head position to avoid getting excess water into your wind pipe, took me a good 20 mins to work out that be lifting my neck I was dumping my pipe in the water! Smart!

However, despite my clumsy problems, its a very well run outfit and the experience is incredible. My group were great - really quiet so you could wonder at the marvel of floating down a Brazilian river, seeing everything with such clarity. The group behind, who caught us up, were a bit too fond of whooping for my money! Also, I need to practice my diving - couldn't get anywhere near the spring near the end of the tour!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank bishclone

• Chinese (Traditional) first
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“amazing snorkeling!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

amazing to see al the fishes so clear, you don't need to swim, just lay down in the water, you go by yourself and see amazing things!

Visited July 2014
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Melhor flutuação, Best Flotation”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

A cor da agua eh sensacional e Tivemos sorte de ver ate um jacarezinho. The blue colour of the water is sensational We even had the chance to spot a small crocodile.

Ilhabela, SP
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Lost of Dourado fishes!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

If you would like to see the Brazilian Dourado fish, this is the place to go! It is also great to see the water sprouting from the bottom of the river, stirring up the sand. It is a one-hour-and-a-half drive from Bonito and the tour takes about 3-4 hours, so it plan it well. During the winter, it is better to go in the morning, since in the afternoon there will be less daylight and it makes a difference.

Campinas, SP
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Bonito is the best Brazilian destination for Eco tourism. Is extremely organized with great structure and done in a sustainable way: all attractions are lead by an official and well qualified guide, have a daily limited numbers of visitors and good reception structure.
The Rio da Prata attraction is a good example and is the #1 of Bonito.
It is an amazing experience to swim (floating with snorkel) in the river among many fishes in a crystalline water. We also saw an alligator and her little cub on the riverbed.
After the floatation, it was served a typical countryside lunch cooked in wood burning stove.
Highly recommended.