“Great service, very good infrastructure”

Hotel Pousada Aguas de Bonito
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Bonito
GreenLeadersGold level
Sao Paulo, SP
“Great service, very good infrastructure”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Very good pousada, especially for families with kids. The spa/indoor pool/kids playground area/pool and TV room are extremely welcome. Also worth mentinaing that rooms are equipped with enough blankets and reverse-clcyle air conditionning for heating which was a huge bonus in the chilly winter. What made a real difference, though, was service. We were treated exceptionally weel by all staff, from reception to restaurant and even housekeeping who folded the towels in animal shapes (cleverly done) to the kids' amusement!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank petitdobrasil
Regina C, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Pousada Aguas de Bonito, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for reviewing us! We really appreciate it.
Please come visit us as many times as you want!
Best regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I went to a conference in Bonito and brought along my son. We stayed one night in a hotel on the main street of Bonito, and then at the Aquas de Bonito for 4 days. I enjoyed the hotel very much, the grounds and rooms are very nice, the staff and level of service are excellent. They have an indoor game room (billiards etc.) that my son really enjoyed, and the overall grounds are very clean, attractively landscaped, and very relaxing. Excellent breakfast. The staff are most helpful and friendly, among the best I have seen in a long while in any country, and I travel quite a bit.

An on-site tourist/booking office was also a great asset. I spent a great deal of time with the agency arranging excursions to the area, and they were wonderful to work with.

The hotel is about a 5-7 minute walk from the main street in Bonito, a walk we made at all times of day and night, and in good and bad weather. Simply not an issue to us, as it was nice to get a few blocks off the traffic of the main street.

Overall, I would not even consider another hotel if I return to Bonito.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank David H
, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Pousada Aguas de Bonito, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Dear guest,

We so much appreciated your review that you probably wouldn't have any idea how great this feeling is! Seriously, we take all opinions very serious and thanks to you all our employees are now happy to know about this! Thank you! And please let us know if you ever come to Brazil again!
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 21 May 2012

It's the second time I've been there and it's always getting better. The great attraction now is the recently renewed lazer area: they now offer an indoor area with jacuzzi and a warm swimming pool. The gardens are a nice place to relax after the spectacular breakfast or one of the marvelous eco-excursions which you can organize directly in the turism agency inside the hotel. I will come back for sure.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank MarinaSouza
Regina C, Manager at Hotel Pousada Aguas de Bonito, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for reviewing it, we appreciate it.
In fact, at the Hotel Pousada Aguas de Bonito environment are all integrated with nature, you enjoyed the TV lounge, reading corner and game room equipped with 40 inch LCD television, English and Portuguese language books, wood-burning fireplace and expansive views of the garden, swimming pool with adjacent jetted tub, hammocks to rest in late afternoon, steam sauna, 350 meter jogging track surrounding hotel perimeter
This newly Constructed Full Service Relaxation Suite you mentioned has:
Climate controlled massage room, Heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi complex, Snack bar
TV/Computer area with pool table, Children’s play room and outdoor play ground.
Thank you very much for visiting us, we will be expecting you here again!
San Diego, California
Reviewed 11 April 2012 via mobile

We found this hotel due to poor planning and feel like we lucked out. There are very few hotels with more than 20 rooms in Bonito, so when we started planning some details late in the game, this was one of the few places that could take us in. I am glad they did.

PROS"
1. The staff. Super friendly, helpful and dedicated. Few speak English, but all will try to understand you.
2. Location. The road outside the hotel is still not paved, so the amount of traffic is really limited. Still, you are only five minutes from the center off town (R$10 taxi ride) which is quite convenient. The garden setting also helps ease you into the vacation frame of mind.
3. Value. I felt like the hotel was very reasonably priced for what they offered, including lots of kid-friendly areas and a small pool.

CONS:
For those travelers who look to the hotel to be a big part of their vacation experience, this may not be the right fit. The rooms have all that is necessary, but not much more. Not all rooms have wi-fi and the shower heads heat the water as it is used (electric showerheads). This is very common in Brazil but unusual tthe first time you see it. Also, some of the rooms on the edge of the property back up into construction zones and these get going around 7am. Finally, the food at the restaurant is ok, nothing horrible by any means, but not a gourmet experience. If that is what you are looking for, this may not be the place for you.

Overall, I am very glad we stayed at this pousada which is mostly frequented by Brazilians and gave us a chance to meet a few of them on their vacations.

Stayed April 2012
Regina C, Manager at Hotel Pousada Aguas de Bonito, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear guest, thank you very much for your review, we appreciate it. Our standard rooms have, as you said, all the necessary, which is air conditioning and heat, mini- bar, TV and telephone. Our comfortable Luxury Superior category rooms are located on the upper floor with the option of either garden or pool views, allowing for complete privacy and relaxation. Rooms are equipped with air conditioning and heat, 20 inch TV, mini-bar, telephone, digital safe and comfortable queen size mattresses. The Luxury Room Special have airy window facing the rising sun, a private balcony overlooking the garden, decorated with handmade furniture and bright, cheerful and floral bed with queen size mattress, paintings from the collection "Fish and Birds of the Region" by artist Isaac de Oliveira, Wi-Fi, air conditioning and heat, 20 inch TV, telephone, mini-bar and digital safe, or : with a hammock on the balcony and overlooking the pool, cozy decor with solid wood furniture and crafts complemented by Marquesa style quilt and handmade rugs; or excellent romantic setting for couples with a beautiful view of the pool and recreation area, balcony with private hammock, four poster canopy bed with queen size mattress, etcetera. If you ever come to Bonito again, please enjoy our Newly Constructed Full Service Relaxation Area:
Climate controlled massage room
Heated swimming pool, Jacuzzi complex
Fitness center
Snack bar
TV/Computer area with pool table
Children’s play room and outdoor play ground
Which should be ready by a month or so.
Thank you!!!
Chapada dos Guimaraes, MT
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I've found Aguas de Bonito hotel by the internet and after checking pictures and location I decided to call them a book a room.. It was pretty much easy to find the place because you just turn left in one corner at the mainstreet and after driving 6 blocks you're in
The staff was great and attentious all the time, paying extra R$10 reals we could have our breakfast inside the bedroom which by the way was very big and confortable counting also with a big balcony, the jacuzzi was under maintanance but it was comprehensible considering that the water has strong amount of limestone on it due to the big sources of the same material which can be found in the arounds (that makes the incredible clean water at the rivers for flotation). My only advice is to search for a second opinion than the one from the travel agency inside the hotel, on saturday morning (my last day in Bonito) I called around 11 a.m. and ask about the schedulle to make the visit to the caves (Gruta da Lagoa Azul) and the girl told me it was 2p.m. (which is actually true) so I asked which was the last schedulle for the flotation at Rio Sucuri and she said it was also 2p.m., as I was planing to make the two programs I asked once again "So you're telling me I have to decide between one of the two programs?" and she said yes...So I decided to go to the flotation but did not buy the voucher with her, arriving at the Rio Sucuri I asked the flotation staff which was the last schedulle for flotation and he said that as long as has a minimum amount of people it can happen anytime until 5p.m.
At the time I was really pissed-off because my friend who was travelling with me went to Bonito really decided to visit the caves and I convinced her at the last day we should definately be going to flotation instead of the caves while in truth we could have done both programs in our last day in Bonito if the staff from agency haven't told us wrong information.
I definately recommend the hotel, but take more than one opinion when asking local people about the touristic spots because more than once I've heard wrong information from local people who instead of admiting not knowing the information prefered to tell me wrong infornations.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank atilamanager
Regina C, Manager at Hotel Pousada Aguas de Bonito, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your review. There are a few things we would like to explain better.

We are located 9 blocks from the main street. Our Jacuzzi has been fixed and available for use again, thank you for understanding that.

The travel agency inside the hotel informed you that the only places available on that day were at 2PM, which means if you call us at 11AM to visit the Cave, which is located 18km from here and its visitation takes at least 1 hour and a half, driving all the way back to town(18km)
and then plus 18km to Sucuri's farm, there wouldn't have been enough time to visit both rides.

If there was any place available at 5PM (you start at 5PM and finish at around 7PM), we would have scheduled it for you, for sure, But we called them to check this out and there wasn't. This means you might've met another group in this way which booked it before you, leaving no other
place for your requested visitation at 5PM.

But if this same tour has been bought somewhere else instead of the travel agency inside the hotel, we wonder why the tour hasn't been bought at 5PM [if there was any place available], and why is this our fault? We think nobody from here told you any wrong information.

I really appreciate your review about the hotel, but please do not take any of what happened as our mistake, but as mismatch of information.
Balclutha, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We spent four nights here and really enjoyed our stay. Our room was clean and spacious. The grounds and pool area were lovely and the hammocks were a great way to spend an afternoon. Staff were extremely helpful in organizing tours for us to see some of the amazing sights around Bonito. They were also very helpful in assisting us in organizing our onward travel. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2012
Regina C, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Pousada Aguas de Bonito, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Dear guest,

We appreciate your review, and we are also thankful for your visit. Hopefully other guests from your country will come and visit us soon!

Best wishes from Brazil!
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I stayed there for some days and it was just perfect. I liked the hotel and the accommodations a lot. Everyone was very friendly to me and I really enjoyed my holiday. Hopefully, I can come back soon.

Based on my single data point, I highly recommend! :)

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Regina C, Manager at Hotel Pousada Aguas de Bonito, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Dear guest, we appreciate your review and would like to host you once again. Thank you for your visit!