“take swimwear”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“take swimwear”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Really enjoyed my trip to the mine. When you get there you can look at some old machinery which was used many years ago, and for me it was even more exciting as some of them were made in manchester uk, where I am from.

Going down the mine in the old rickety cart was fun and gave you a real experience of what it was like for the miners going down there.
Unfortunately for me I dont speak spanish or portugese and the tour only spoke this, but none the less just the experience of being in the mine and the visual side of it was worth it.

After walking around the mine you then get the oppertunity to swim in the underwater pool which is definitely worth doing and adds to the experience.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank gethyn84

Sao Paulo, SP
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Not too exciting....”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Definately the highlight is going down into the mine in the car pulled by the old engine. (Remember to put the safety rail down - we didn't realise this existed which made the ride even more 'thrilling'). Once down though, there is not too much to see. And the museum is very small, although has some interesting old photos.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank TNV
Mogi das Cruzes, SP
170 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“Two thirds of the mine are underwater”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I had a great time exploring this mine specially because I am a cave diver. More than 2/3 of the mine are underwater reaching more than 200 m depth ( usually we go up to 20 m )and underwater tunnels and passages are just like above water even more restricts. I could see old boots, trams, rails and bridges down there, it´s amazing. If you are a certified cave or a introductory cave diver will enjoy much more this trip, but it´s nedded to book divings in advance ( check www.divegold.com.br ). for non certified cave divers ( but certified openwater divers ) there´s a program called Discovery Cavern which will take the diver till the entrance of the cavern area safely. Apart the diving there´s much to see in the mine and outside the mine like the museum and restaurant.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Ricardo R
Atlanta, Georgia
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Taking a Walk in The Gold Mine”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

This was interesting. My friend and I walked in the mine with a guide. He gave us an overview of the life of the miners. Afterwards, we had lunch at the mine in the basement of a house. Found out later that an 90 year old lady owned the house and was upstairs. The food was good and served family style. We were in someone's home. Interesting!

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Susan F
Warsaw, Warszawa, Poland
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Go there!”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

That was my first time in a gold mine and I loved it! This experience is so different than usual - museums and galleries. It's also a good lesson of history of this amazing place.

Visited March 2013