“Smooth as silk”

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Uberlandia
Orlando
“Smooth as silk”
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Was driving from Sao Paolo to Brasilia for holiday, and Uberlandia was the perfect place to stop for the night. Drove around town to check out the choices, and having stayed at Ibis in Europe a few times decided to try the Ibis Uberlandia.

Check in was easy -- walk-up rate for a double room was R$99.

Room was a basic Ibis type room, clean and cozy.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Perth
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Thought it was about time I write a review as I check other peoples all the time.
I booked the hotel for the day earlier because I knew I would be arriving at 8:00am the following day and when I arrived the reception told me I could not check in until 12:00! I explained that I had booked for the previous day and was told there are no clean rooms. After trying to use the hotel business computer (which was broken, and still is 5 days later) I found my reservation number I booked with my Advantage Plus membership and presented it to reception, I was issued my clean room at 8:45!!!!!
Everything else so far has been fine, the breakfast is very good. The rooms are comfortable and have a small fridge you can stock up with drinks. The internet connection works most of the time and is free. Most of the reception staff can speak English.
Compared to other Ibis hotels I have stayed in this one ticks most of the boxes and would recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Brazil
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I went to Uberlândia to go in a conference and then this hotel was the nearest one. As soon as I got there the staff came to pick up my baggages and offered me a juice even before I do my check-in. The room was great and everything was pretty clear. The only missing thing there were the plastic blags in the dumps. I don't like it because the clean staff are not obligate to gather all the trash; plastic bags makes things easier and hygienc. Inside my room there was such beautiful paint in the wall that had helped me to sleep like an angel after a long time looking at it. I went to the pool just once, because I had to spend my time out the hotel. The cabe TV was reponsable for my fun after a long shower in the bathtub. The snacks in the mini-bar was awesome.
It is also near to the airport and the mall. You don't need even to call a cab to go shopping and eat something.
Uberlândia is a good city, I have plans to go there again and I'm sure I'll chosse Ibis.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Ibis Hotel is the newest hotel in Uberlandia and the location is perfect! In front (just crossing the avenue) you can find a supermarket (Carrefour) and the Plaza Mall that has many shop options and restaurants.
Also, as is well located the taxi from Hotel to any place will no take more than R$20,00
Hotel is Ibis standard (nice room and shower) but staff is really great!
Recomended!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Belo Horizonte
Reviewed 15 October 2010

I had a little problem with my reservation and the daily value. The host didn't find the reservation and said that it was a different value.
But, I'd printed it and I showed to the recepcionist, the reservation and the value.
Well, in the end I'got a bedroom and was just fine.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Brasilia
Reviewed 6 October 2010

Good location, easy to find the hotel.
Good service on check-in and check-out.
Service as expected for a Ibis.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Bauru, SP, Brazil
Reviewed 17 September 2010

Hotel crew or staff were kind enough but unforunatelly thrid party services were bad. Wife requested ironing of a cocktail dress for same night (documented in the forms as 50% increase in fares and it would be back at 20:00 h (or 08:00 h PM) AT THE MOST) . But we left the Hotel (she wearing another dress, improvised for the occasion) at 20:30 h (or 08:30 h PM) and dress hadn't returned from Laundry as it should have.
I requested a claim to be registered in writing, so the Manager would take care of.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple