“Great location, good comfort”

Best Western The Hotel Chequamegon
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Nice hotel - it was built and decorated with a vintage, early 1900's look and feel but is only 25-30 years old. The rooms are comfortable, with good beds and amenities.

You can't beat the location or the view of the lake - the patio at the bar & grill downstairs (Molly Coopers) is absolutely outstanding.

The pool is somewhat small and shallow, but great for kids. The hot tub is huge, and good for a relaxing soak.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the lake, you can't beat the view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
HotelChequamegonGM, General Manager at Best Western The Hotel Chequamegon, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Thank you so much for choosing our property and please do come back to visit us again! May you have many safe travels!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I will return, love Lake Superior and everyone was helpful When I called to book this relaxing get away the girl was very nice and the room we got facing the lake and the two person tub was wonderful. We went to the bar and had dinner, my white fish was really good and my husband has the salmon, & he really liked it. I have been inside the hotel, years ago when we were in the area for hockey tournament, so it was nice to finally stay here. I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
HotelChequamegonGM, General Manager at Best Western The Hotel Chequamegon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you so much for your business and kind comments! I am pleased to hear that you did enjoy your stay and I do agree we are the perfect escape for any couple! I do invite you to return to see us again soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Very expensive as the bathroom was tiny without a place to put your toiletries, bottom sheet put on the bed inside out, dirty cardboard coffee cup left in room, bobby pins on floor. Room was more expensive as it was lakeside but the windows are narrow so the view was not what I expected. The lobby, was very nice, restaurant was nice. Walls were thin and I heard lots of hallway noise

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Margaret O
HotelChequamegonGM, General Manager at Best Western The Hotel Chequamegon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

I do apologize that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I did take your comments to our housekeeping staff and addressed your issues immediately; as I find no excuse for it. Comments such as yours become helpful to us in continuing to be a superior property.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife and me stayed here over a weekend the end of May..
and let me say WOW!
This was the nicest Best Western I have ever stayed at..
Very fancy looking on the outside, if I were driving through town and seen this hotel,
I'd keep going thinking it was too expensive..
But I made reservations through the BW site and was pleasantly surprised at the price.
The Front desk was smaller than most, but it worked, lots of dark woodwork in the lobby,
But looked awesome, the front desk clerk greeted us with a smile,
The room was clean, and nice.. bathroom was a bit small, but that is a minor detail.
The view of the lake was very nice, the bar and restaurant was nice, we took our drinks out
on the deck and watched the sunset. we could have taken dinner there also, but chose somewhere else to just experience more of Ashland.
Very relaxing stay, the breakfast was decent, lots to choose from.
My wife and me will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a lake side room!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I am so happy to hear that you will be back visiting us again! We have many guests that have become part of the Hotel Chequamegon family that come to see us each year! I thank you for your business and your wonderful comments.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I would give thumbs up on this Hotel. Walking in the front lobby was like a step back in time. The decor in it's self told a story. The staff was very friendly and more than happy to answer any questions. The room was very inviting after a full day on motorcycling

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your kind words as we do strive to make each of our guest's visits special. I thank you again and I do invite you to come back for another visit.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Over-priced and poor quality of "Suite". Beautiful Location and outside appearance! Totaly opposite of room. If there is a discount for "Special events" then perhaps SHARE with customers! When I made the reservation, I did say I was staying for Graduation ceromony at the locate college, only after we checked out did someone mention to my husband that their family got a discount for attending the same event.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I do apologize that our staff missed the discount. It is always best to address these issues with the front desk staff as soon as possible; this will help expedite in making the correction to your invoice. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Very beautiful place with a nice view of the marina. Room was way high priced for the quality. Bed was horrible! We have stayed at places far better for lot less money. Tourist trap would be the best definition. Never again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I'm so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. It is truly difficult to find a bed that would fit all our guest's needs and I can appreciate having experienced a poor night sleep. I do apologize again and wish you all the best in your future travels.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Quality Inn Ashland
#2 of 16 in Bayfield
Second Wind Country Inn
Second Wind Country Inn
#1 of 4 in Ashland

Been to Best Western The Hotel Chequamegon? Share your experiences!