“Rise of the Grease Monster”
Review of Hugo's Pizza

Hugo's Pizza
Ranked #17 of 46 Restaurants in Ashland
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I went to Hugo's for a date a little back. It's a cash-only establishment, we ordered a simple pepperoni pizza. While the service was prompt, our pizza came to us absolutely drenched in grease. They'd put the receipt just under the wax paper the pizza was served on, we couldn't even read it for how grease-soaked it was. It's a small establishment, with decor that can only be described as delightfully tacky, yet unrefined.

If you're looking for pizza that's decently priced and delicious, Hugo's is not for you. Jump across the street to Pizza Pub.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Ashland has THREE pizza places that are better than any one in most towns. Hugo's is one of the best. I ordered the six-inch personal pizza and it was every bit as good as any regular-sized one.

2  Thank CazCoach
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Got into town late on Friday night, ordered Hugo's pizza delivery, we got the Reuben pizza, it tasted exactly like a Reuben only somehow better. This pizza was very high quality.. We highly recommend this place and this pizza

2  Thank Kinkuu
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I can't believe no one's posted a review of Hugo's yet! After all, it's one of the three pizza powerhouses of Ashland (along with Frankie's and the Pizza Pub). I like all three places, but Hugo's pizza is my family's favorite; it's similar to the others, but we like Hugo's crust and sauce the best. Most of the time we opt for carry-out, but we enjoy dining in, too -- the service is good, though if it's a busy night and the place is full, expect to wait a little while (especially if there's a lot of take-out orders coming & going). My favorite is just a basic sausage & mushroom pizza, particularly because they use fresh mushrooms (I'm always a little bummed out at Frankie's, since theirs seem like they come out of a can). They also offer a regular menu with stuff like burgers, fish, appetizers, and a salad bar...but we generally stick with the pizza.

Oh -- and for those with gluten allergies, they offer a gluten-free crust that I hear is pretty good, too.

3  Thank strongerthandirt