“A Treasure Cove”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashland
The Inn at Timber Cove
Ranked #3 of 4 Ashland B&B and Inns
Virginia
“A Treasure Cove”
Reviewed 20 September 2009

In Short:

I was born and raised in Wisconsin and this piece of property is truly my favorite place in the whole state. Tina and Brian (the owners) are two of the most gracious, generous, and talented people I know. Tina's meals and night-time desserts are outstanding. I have been a return-customer at least four times and plan to visit again in the future.

Details:

My most recent stay was with my husband. We visited on a weekend in September--the weather was gorgeous. We arrived at 8pm, checked in after a warm greeting from Tina and Brian, and were ushered to our room--the Guest House. Waiting for us on the kitchen table were three large pieces of blackberry wine cake. I made decaf coffe, turned on some classical music that we could hear throughout the house and we relaxed after our 3 hour drive up to Ashland. The big comfy chairs in the sitting area of the house are so comfortable and a perfect setting for kicking up your feet, flipping through a magazine or book and even (when it's chilly) turning on the fire place.

In the morning, Tina brought us our breafast on a tray. It was the "Farmer's" breakfast of scrambled eggs with melted cheese, sausage rounds and toast with raspberry jam. There were also two miniature pears and some delicious coffee and cranberry juice. As always, Tina's mouth-watering morning fare left us full for well into the afternoon.

At Tina and Brian's recommendation, we visited Little Girl's Point in Michigan, Superior Falls and then toured Bayfield (all in one day!). We returned to the Inn to rest a bit before heading back out to Main Street Ashland for a delightful and delicious meal at Deep Water Grill. Upon returning from dinner, Brian asked us if we would like a fire out in their common yard area just off the main house and guest house. We agreed and he lit a fire just for the two of us. It was so nice to sit and relax with the stars twinkling overhead and their dogs sitting with us. Tina and Brian joined us and we had good, encouraging conversation.

I cannot say more about Inn at Timber Cove. It is a place of peace, healing, joy, beauty and renewal. Make a reservation soon!

--Grace and Ben from Virginia

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 September 2009

I stayed in one of the cottages with 3 friends. We had a fantastic time. Tina and Brian were incredibly accommodating to any requests we had, from towels to go to the beach to having bonfires at night. The food was so amazing that I'm still full days later. Fresh baked goodies awaited our return to our cottage at night. Everything was very clean, the property gorgeous and the hosts incredibly kind and wonderful. If I ever find myself in this part of the country again, I would return here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Duluth, MN
Reviewed 21 May 2009

This inn is a treasure! I stayed with my mother and adult daughters for a weekend and we all felt pampered by the exceptionally-friendly service and the charming accommodations. The inn is located minutes from downtown Ashland, yet maintains a rural atmosphere. Brian and Tina are amazing hosts. We only wish we'd allowed more time for sitting on the porches or walking the beautiful grounds. I will definitely return (this was my second stay) and highly recommend the inn for the sumptuous breakfasts, quality lodging, welcoming hosts and great value.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
madison, wisconsin
Reviewed 13 June 2007

The Inn at Timber Cove is amazing! I was looking for a nice, yet reasonably priced place to stay with my wife on vacation in the Lake Superior area, and this Bed & Breakfast on the edge of Ashland is this, and so much more. Their hospitality is unsurpassed, accommodations are immaculate and their attention to detail is outstanding. Fresh flowers in our cabin, CD stereo with many relaxing music CDs to choose from are just two examples. The moment we walked into our cabin we felt not only at ease with our friendly host showing us our place to stay, but immediately wanted to spend as much time in this pleasant room as we could because it was so awesome. Probably the best thing about the Inn at Timber Cove are the gourmet breakfasts brought right to your cabin by your friendly host at the exact time you request. Gourmet may be an understatement here, as the food is incredibly delicious and nicely unique. Dessert is also provided nightly, and everyday when we were out, we returned to fresh towels and clean waste baskets. There is not one even remotely negative thing I can say about this bed & breakfast. If you’re looking for a clean, friendly (but never overbearing), classy, comfortable, peaceful getaway at a good value, you just can’t go wrong here. Best for couples and their romantic getaways, The Inn at Timber Cove is as perfect as you can get!

4 Thank peacefulstayer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Best Western The Hotel Chequamegon
#2 of 2 in Washburn
Old Rittenhouse Inn
Old Rittenhouse Inn
#1 of 15 in Bayfield

Been to The Inn at Timber Cove? Share your experiences!