“Gluten Free Pizza?”

South Shore Brewery
Ranked #2 of 8 things to do in Ashland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We brew some of the best beer in the country at this Ashland location and also at the Taphouse down the coast in Washburn. There are always an excellent selection of our brews on tap in our partner restaurants the Deep Water Grille and The Alley.
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Yep, in this small town this restaurant has a wide variety of gluten free pizzas at a reasonable price! Since we had seen their menu for gluten free pizza the night before we chose to come back for pizza the next day and that too was delicious

All reviews
"cajun"
"flavorful"
"wisconsin"

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

My gf and I stopped in Ashland first for our 3 day northern Wisconsin/Minnesota vacation. We decided we wanted authentic food and went with Southshore brewery!
She ordered the baked Whitefish and I the Cajun Whitefish.
The Cajun Whitefish was absolutely delicious! It was my first experience with Whitefish and I was super pleased. If you’re in Ashland and want some good food, this is the place to be

Reviewed 18 February 2018

We were staying overnight in Ashland for a ski event and ended up eating at the bar for both lunch and dinner. Had great bloody marys, loved the Kolsh brewed beer, and had the best whitefish sandwiches we've ever had. For dinner we had an excellent made-from-scratch pizza. We encountered four different bartenders and all were top-notch. Would definitely go there again the next time we get to Ashland.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

This brewery began brewing in 1995 when it was licensed as only the 7th microbrewery in the state of Wisconsin. It is co-located with a restaurant, The Deepwater Grill and the facility is very spacious and an interesting old building. The food and beer are both very good, with a broad selection of both. The brewery also has a second location in Washburn, Wisconsin where they have a tap room as well as a production facility.
In addition to enjoying a delicious meal, I sampled a couple of their beers during my visit. I enjoyed the Nut Brown Ale which was very flavorful with malty and nutty flavors. I also tried the Wisconsin Pale Ale which was a very interesting and enjoyable ale. It was somewhat bitter but with a sweet after taste and not at all citrusy. It was reminiscent of many IPAs that I have tasted.