“White Water...and then some”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Athelstane
Wildman Adventure Resort
Northfield, Illinois, United States
“White Water...and then some”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

You can't beat Wildman for thrilling white water rafting in WI. Great rides through great water. And bubbled up by a staff of experienced pros who not only know what they are doing...they prepare you for what you need to know for the fun and excitement. Alita, Cheryl, and the gang are terrific. And the Bomber's cafe and saloon right there is the place to toast your accomplishment and brag about not being scared of white water. The place, not necessarily for the truth. Slainte!

Room Tip: I don't don't know what the rooms are like. If they are half as good as the white water, you...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Breen0

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Crown Point, Indiana
Reviewed 20 September 2012

My husband and I took the Class IV Menominee trip - we're both in our late 40s and it was a BLAST despite the 58 degree downpour we were paddling in. We'd do it again in a heartbeat and hope to take our grown kids back with us next time. Joey our guide and Rebecca the manager - you guys ROCK! We had sooo much fun! THANKS!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank musicalmom2007
MENOMONEE FALLS
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We wanted to do something different for our weekend away, so we decided to try the zip line. The guides, Calvin and Jake were professional, fun, smart, and made the experience enjoyable. Not doing zip line before, I wasn't sure what to expect. But they were shorter than I thought they would be. Still fun. At 59, it is one of those things I can now say I did. I would watch for coupon deals to go back again ( a little pricey for me to repeat). We also golfed on their course, and liked it alot. Just the right length for me. It was nice to have the bar and restaurant right there so we could grab a lunch. The food was adequate. Would recommend this place for any adventure. From what I saw the staff was great, always felt safe, and they seemed to really enjoy their job which translates to a good experience for us.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Watertown, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 August 2012

It was my husband's birthday and zip lining has always been on his "bucket list". First time zipping for both of us. Always felt safe. Great experience - guides were great - Hillary and Joey - we all had a lot of fun. Would definately do it again.
Crazy, bumpy ride to the first platform seemed a little unnecessary...

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Spent the day with the kids (14 & 13) in funyaks on the Peshtigo. The water was low and we were warned that it would be a workout -- and it was. But it also was the best adventure of the entire week. James, Fransis, and Moose -- our guides, kept us safe, kept us moving, and made sure we all had fun. Plus the gave us the option of going body surfing and a chance to duck into a waterfall...it was AWESOME.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ChicagoFam2012
Hartland, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 August 2012

my girlfriend and I spent the weekend w/ this company. whitewater rafting was awesome. our guide "Eagle" made the trip what it was. we did buy the "wild ride" option and expected to have the smaller (4-5 person) raft the whole trip, but we had to spend 3/4 of the trip on the river in a larger group/raft w/ 10+ people. not as advertised and I was disappointed. they said they were short a guide so that's why we had to do that, but that's not my problem.. I booked and expected what I purchased. however, the guide, eagle, was awesome and I highly recommend this trip based on him alone. the guides make or break your trip. If you want a real adventure, book the wild ride option...smaller raft, less people = more fun rapids. we then did the alpine ropes course. again, our guide was awesome. it is a workout and a challenge/adventure. we were lucky to have it just be the 2 of us for the ropes course, which was cool and made it xtra special. overall, great trip and highly recommended. our experience is more about the guides and less about the company as a whole. customer service was not so good, but the guides rocked!

1 Thank DougK1890
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 August 2012

My boyfriend and I went zip lining last weekend at Wildman. My second time zip lining and his first. We had a great time and he thought it was awesome and can't wait to go again! Our guides were the best. Very informative and concerned for our comfort and safety at all times while still interacting with the group and having a great time. Wish I had known about the camping, rafting, etc. available before we went as we would have made it a weekend trip. Plan to return in the near future with friends for more adventure!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Been to Wildman Adventure Resort? Share your experiences!