I am an easy to please guy... if you look my other postings you will see it's hard to find complaints on them.... I am afraid, not at this time.
Everything went wrong here:
- To start, the hotel had several cars parked using guest spaces. You couldn't even find a way to get to their parking lot - it took me a while to finally be able to get to their garage entrance.
- Then it came the check-in.... I was very clear to my travel agent: I am looking for either 2 connecting rooms or at least close enough on the same floor.... And I got confirmation in written that it would be provided and they have communicated to the hotel. Guess what? the hotel didn't have it arranged... they said they were not aware and blamed the travel agency (quite reputable one)....the best they were able to do then is to accommodate us in the same floor but in the totally opposite side each room.
- The rude guy checking us in said that they would need to charge me full in advance... I went to a dispute and finally agree to have just the first night charged (awkward isn't it ? never got to a hotel that charges in advance before your stay).
- Then, I asked for help with my bags.... I tipped the guy quite well and asked if he could at least check if we could get closer rooms even if in the upcoming nights. That person said he would check it with reception straight away and would call me.... I kept waiting and after 15min decided to get downstairs.... Guess what, that person never even chatted with the reception....
- Finally, upon realizing they really didn't care about my needs, not even bother to be polite and collaborative as they should, I told the guy I am not planning to stay longer... Their answer ? Fine, do whatever you want.
- So, I called another hotel nearby that I have stayed before and I explained to them what was happening. The reception at that other hotel asked me to wait and in 30sec I was talking to her manager. He said, they felt bad to know how poor their competitors were doing and he would be glad to have me and my family with them. He asked me how much I was paying and despite their regular tariff being higher than Harbor, they would honor it.
- One final issue (at least until now... it's night and I am at this hotel trying to sleep)... I went out with family for diner and they are so archaic here that they still use keys that you need to leave in the reception when you go out... It took me 3min to get someone to retrieve my keys... Why ??? oh... the guy was too busy smoking in front of the hotel.
Bottomline from my end: Harbor Batel lost a total of 2 rooms x 8 nights in profits... With no apologies, no trying to work around... It tell's you something about how much they care about their guests. I hope you see this note and think twice before booking... I am sure their losses will further multiply as the voice of customer get's out!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Locate on Batel neighborhood of Curitiba. With quick access to downtown, the Harbor Hotel Batel provides spacious apartments with cable lcd tv, split air conditioning, wood floors, anteroom, minibar, safe, individual balcony, functional kitchen, wi-fi and electronic lock .The hotel has a leisure area which includes an outdoor pool, sauna and fitness center. It also offers 24 hour room service, business center, lobby bar and contemporary cuisine restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.It also offers customers a complete infrastructure for events, with varied menus of coffee breaks, lunch and dinner. The event rooms can accommodate up to 100 people and are equipped with air-conditioning and wi-fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prestigia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Harbor Hotel Batel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor Hotel Batel Curitiba, Brazil