“Disappointing food & room service”

Ranked #2 of 104 Hotels in Curitiba
GreenLeadersBronze level
Saas-Fee, Switzerland
“Disappointing food & room service”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed 2 nights on a business trip. Ordered a cesar salad to the room, it was not fresh as the chicken was cold, old and partially green. I send it back, but the kitchen insisted that it was the dressing (which was white, not green!). Still got charged for it, very upsetting.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Shantili
Gerencia_Radisson, Gerente geral at Radisson Hotel Curitiba, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Hello,

Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Curitiba.

Thank you for reporting the experience with us. It gives us a disappointment in not getting surprise you with our service and food. Since the aim of the Radisson staff is always surprising and provide a memorable hosting positively. Sorry about reported unpleasant fact and I really hope we have a next opportunity to welcome you and undo the negative image that was.

We prioritize the best fit, the best stay and always surprise our guests! I hope we have a chance next to her and do your best experience in hosting.

Radisson Hotel Curitiba

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

This is a very professionally run hotel. Exceptional interior including rooms (really). Nice surrounding (although I only walked to two different restaurants - both top notch - one steak house on the same street and one Italian three blocks away). Good breakfast, although service was somewhat unfocused at times.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Gerencia_Radisson, Gerente geral at Radisson Hotel Curitiba, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Hello,

Thanks for sharing your comment. The staff is always willing to provide the very best service, providing a comfortable and pleasant stay. The hotel's success depends on the satisfaction of our guests, so we are always innovating in the structure, taking into account the return of guest.
We welcome comments on the improvements that we make in the hotel.
Thank you for the privilege of being able to host it!
Radisson Curitiba will be waiting for you next visit the city.

Klein-Basel, Basel-Stadt, Switzerland
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed here for 4 days for a business trip and had a fantastic stay. Staff were very friendly and helpful. In particular Igor Santos was extremely friendly, professional and made my stay memorable. Food was exceptional. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2014
Gerencia_Radisson, Gerente geral at Radisson Hotel Curitiba, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Hello Mrs. Mary

Thank you for your kind words about our services and especially to the employee Igor. It is very gratifying to receive feedback from guests recognizing the services of the hotel.

The Radisson staff strives to better serve, offer a comfortable, safe and welcoming structure.

In the coming months we will have news in the structure of our apartments, leaving them more welcoming, modern and spacious. You look forward again to meet the innovations!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I recently stayed in this hotel for about 6 weeks while on a business trip to Curitiba and have nothing but good things to say about the staff here. They really do go out of their way to help the guests.

Review about the hotel:
The hotel room that I stayed in was pretty basic but had all amenities needed to make my stay comfortable. There was a 32" T.V., internet (that worked fine most of the times) and kettle, iron etc. I did have to complain about the internet once or twice in 6 weeks but I guess this is a problem in most of Brazil so I won't hold it against the hotel. But if they can fix it, that will be great! The room was pretty clean and comfortable and it did make my 6 week stay pretty comfortable. Hotel has free breakfast as well which is great. They have a pretty good selection of breads, fruits, meats and cereals for breakfast. I am a vegetarian but I still had plenty to choose from. The hotel also has a gym which is not very big but you can do a decent workout with the equipment that they have.

Review about the staff:
I stayed on the 5th floor of the hotel and the housekeeping staff did a wonderful job every single day. With the little Portuguese that I speak, I was able to learn that the name of the person who cleaned my room everyday was Benedita Arrumadura. I must say that she was extremely nice and did an excellent job every day. The little things that she did really went a long way in impressing me. When she made my bed, she would take care to put only one pillow on the side that I slept on (just how I like it). She would also take care to replace the soaps in bathroom whenever they started to thin out. She would also fold my laundry every single day and leave a pair on the bed for me to change into in the night! The amount of thinking that would have gone behind her doing these things really tell me that she is a very intelligent and caring and hardworking person. I have never had any housekeeping staff take such good care of me. And I have travelled around quite a bit (including Unites States, Canada, Africa etc.). The other staff members whose efforts I would like to acknowledge are: David (the omlette station guy), Danielle, Carolina, Vinicius, Guileherme (front desk staff) and also the guy who would wish me good evening in Hindi (Shubh Ratri) every night, unfortunately I can't remember his name.

On a side note, I would also like to mention that I am a long time SPG member and before my trip to Curitiba started, I really wanted to stay in the Four Points Sheraton hotel to keep accruing SPG points. However, because of some official constraints I had to stay at the Radisson Hotel. But, as my trip draws to a close, I am glad that I did. And when I come back to Curitiba again later this year, I would love to stay at the Radisson Hotel 5th floor again (because of the wonderful housekeeper, Benedita)!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 5th floor! Benedita is an excellent housekeeper!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Gerencia_Radisson, Gerente geral at Radisson Hotel Curitiba, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Hello!

Many thanks for sharing your review of your recent hosting us.
We were extremely happy with the kind words and recognition of the work of our team.

The Radisson staff strives to better serve, comfort, wellness and a memorable stay.

In the next months we will be initiating reform in all our apartments, leaving them more welcoming and ready to greet him on his return to Curitiba.

Thanks again for oprotunidade power hosepdá it and look forward to your return soon!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Rooms have all the usual facilities expected: kettle, iron etc.
Breakfast buffet is varied and free.
Internet is free and strong signal.
The staff are friendly and the service is good. The hotel was busy when I stayed and they coped well.
Watch out for the welcome drink - a powerful cocktail!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Gerencia_Radisson, Gerente geral at Radisson Hotel Curitiba, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Curitiba and for sharing your comments on the recent hosting us.

Appreciate the compliments of the staff services.

Our welcome cocktail is prepared with great care by the dedication of the bar staff.

On behalf of the team Radisson thanks again for the opportunity to host it and hope to soon welcome you again.

Londrina, PR
Reviewed 16 January 2014

…returning to stay here after 2 years, I found everything very good, almost perfect.

Pros: Service, comfort food from the room service, marvelous mattress bed and pillows, silent room, toiletries, very good Wi-Fi with included high-speed internet service, location, large room, breakfast buffet.

Cons: Despite the large spaces in the room, there’s too few furniture, leaving you with a very limited space to place your gear. They could not only have a large balcony, but also a nice round table with 2 chairs for having a decent meal with your partner.
Air Con not so silent, which is less relevant in most of the year here, I mean Curitiba is a cold city for Brazilian standards.

This Radisson will keep in second for me in Curitiba until a large balcony be set in the room. Specially if it’s like the one at the Four Points Sheraton a few blocks from here. For years in the past, I have been complaining about this lack of space with no results. Who knows, in the world cup the reporters with their tons of gears will make things change.

Now there’s something that annoy me a lot on the vast majority of today’s hotels, and this Radisson is no different. Let’s say that If you, and your partner are tired and don’t want to get out of the room for a meal, you order from room service, the least you should expect from a 4 star hotel is to have a decent comfort food served on a table with 2 chairs not one. This is one of the oldest habit from the civilized man. It's a matter of dignity. But no… they throw you the meal on a terrible fast food tray, and if the desk table is busy which always is, you’ll have to try to balance the tray siting on the bed mattress. On the best case scenarios they bring you a table cart which is much better but only if you have 2 chairs available, which you don’t.

Want to know who handles this beautifully on 2000+ rooms hotel?? Wynn Las Vegas, obviously. They not only have the most beautiful marble table in every room, but also the waiter that brings your meal, undo YOUR mess with your personal belongings and set your dining table moving everything from the cart to be arranged in the room table.

Room Tip: I always get the premium. Believe me, worth it a lot. Much better bed, pillows, and toiletries. High...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Gerencia_Radisson, Gerente geral at Radisson Hotel Curitiba, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Many thanks for sharing your testimony on recent experience in our hotel.
Thanks immensely for the opportunity to host it again.

Your comments are of great importance to our hotel, both in services and in structure. We will be launching reform in all of our apartments, which complemtamente modify the current structure. I'm sure you'll enjoy very much!

The Radisson staff will be waiting upon your return to Curitiba!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Radisson Curitiba

Returned to this hotel for the fourth time. Whilst I have tried other hotels this is by far the best.

The rooms are of a good size and they are sufficiently sound insulated so that you don't hear much noise from outside, in case you happen to be at the front of the hotel.

Breakfast is of a good standard with a wide selection of food on offer.

The hotel is opposite the Japanese garden, which is nice for a sit out in the sunshine. Within 10 minutes walk you have the main road of food places and bars of Batel or in the opposite direction a shopping mall with more eating options. It feels safe walking around the vicinity of the hotel, even late into the evening. Taxis are always available with the staff willing to assist explanations to the drivers, when required.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Gerencia_Radisson, Gerente geral at Radisson Hotel Curitiba, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
We welcome comments on the improvements that we make in the hotel.
Thank you for the privilege of being able to host it!
Radisson Curitiba will be waiting for you next visit the city.