“Poor and Mediocre Service”
Review of Pestana Curitiba

Pestana Curitiba
Ranked #22 of 104 Hotels in Curitiba
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I had stayed at the Hotel Pestana Curitiba Brazil, on a business visit for 3 weeks, on being recommended as the best Hotel in Curitiba; Unfortunately, the experience was very far from being any where close to the best!! Even basic stuff like replacing the laundry lists and laundry bags or replacing hand towels in the wash room were not done or were done very inconsistently!! One of the bulbs had blown its fuse in the wash room during the 2nd week of my stay and had not been replaced till I left. They might have replaced it if I had informed them, but that is what this hotel is all about... Nothing is done pro-actively; The hotel was also lacking in some very basic amenities like providing a clock/Time piece in the room or a hot water kettle/Jug for a cup of tea. The Breakfast spread was a very mediocre fare and was essentially the same stuff on all three weeks, with no variations!! At times, a couple of items went missing from the spread. I was located on the 9th floor and could constantly hear the noise of the traffic or the chatter of the people from the road side bar below, particularly on the nights of the weekends. The Gym was also mediocre, with only 1 out of the 3 treadmills working on the days that I had visited. I had seriously contemplated shifting to another hotel at the end of the 1st week itself, but the only reason I stayed on was because of its proximity to my office vehicle pick up location.

Room Tip: Higher floors will hopefully be free from the noise of the traffic and the road side bar below.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Rajamuthaiya P

Reviewed 18 January 2013

Quick and efficient check in. Staff at reception speak excellent English the 3-4 times that I have visited this property. Internet is free and fast at this hotel. They are also great about giving you multiple passwords so that you can connect multiple devices to the Internet at this hotel. Room is standard for a business hotel - as you can see from the pictures, but it is clean and functional. Breakfast is served on the second floor and is a nice spread. The gym and pool at the top floor of the hotel are the highlight here. Large gym with 5-6 pieces of cardio equipment(usually 1-2 are under repair). There is a multi-station gym machine, a station for leg presses and a nice range of functional equipment. The pool is also excellent and they have a steam room as well. Location of the hotel is good and you are minutes away from many excellent restaurants. Please acknowledge this review as helpful if you have found it so.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Curitiba, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your detailed review following your recent stay at the Pestana Curitiba Hotel. Your comments are most appreciated. We always strive to provide a warm and welcoming experience to our guests, and we are happy that you enjoyed the hotels services and facilities. Please do not hesitate to contact me next time you visit us. We look forward to welcoming you back in Curitiba. Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 10 December 2012

Nice location in the heart of Curitiba. I was impressed by the size of the room, which was also very clean and confy. Not a spectacular hotel, but perfect for business travellers. Walking distance from many good restaurants. Good breakfast, free wifi.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Curitiba, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for your visit, and for your helpful review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and appreciated your compliments regarding our property. Thank you again for your preference, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Pestana Curitiba Hotel in the near future. Yours Sincerely,

Pestana Curitiba

Reviewed 30 September 2012

I travelled to Curitiba for work for 3 months . Out of all the options chose pestana only because of it's location . It was right next to my office .
But I stayed there I realised it could not be better in terms of comfort also. The service in pestana is spotless. There was almost nothing that I needed and they denied for it . I did try moving to a different hotel for 2 weeks just to make my stay more cost effective but I had to run back to pestana because they had spoilt me with there great service.
Along with great and comfortable rooms , pestana has a gym , heated pool, sauna, spa , lounge and restaurant. I did not eat much in pestana, because the food in pestana was just average as compared to the price that we pay. Also the free wi-fi was just ok, but good enough to browse Internet and check and send mails.
The best place in pestana was it's heated pool and gym, it had amazing view .
Will definitely stay in pestana , wheneverI am in Curitiba again. I can rate pestana as excellent for the great service , it's pool and it's location !!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Curitiba, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2012

Reviewed 4 September 2012

The Pestana Curitiba is an efficient hotel--standard rooms and bath like any hotel anywhere in the world. The restaurant serves average food, mostly Western with few Brazilian choices and high prices for the quality. Service is attentive--just don't ask for hot water for tea as it takes forever if they remember hehe. The front desk and porters are always accommodating and efficient. In terms of dining, check out online recommendations. Finally, the location is downtown which may be efficient for working but is not the nicest area of Curitiba. Be sure to take a local tour and see the Botanical Gardens, parks, Opera House in the Quarry, the historical district and more. It will give you a totally different perception of Curitiba.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better but not too close to the top as you will smell the chlorine from the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MarcoPro2050
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Curitiba, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your detailed review following your recent stay at the Pestana Curitiba Hotel. Your comments are most appreciated. We always strive to provide a warm and welcoming experience to our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me next time you visit us. We look forward to welcoming you back in Curitiba. Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 26 August 2012

A hotel of reasonable size, with a convenient location. Front desk people were reasonably cooperating (could be more). The hotel lobby has a Bar/Brewery near the reception (sharing the same space) which is noisy and not very pleasant. I was on the 15th floor with a great view. The room was spacious with a large bed; the decor could be cozier. The bathroom could be bigger and have a tube. The swimming pool at the roof is a must. The breakfast room was reasonable and the choices were excellent, with a very good selection of fruit and bread.
Despite some flaws, I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: choose a room in a high floor (great views)
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
pestana, Manager at Pestana Curitiba, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Dear Mr. Luiz,

Reviewed 13 August 2012

Each and every person I contacted that worked at the hotel went out of their way to help. They were so much help with the language barrier, being for the US. I will definitely stay here on my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mraymond23

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for staying with us at the Pestana Curitiba Hotel, and for taking the time to send us your valuable comments. It´s always gratifying to receive positive feedback, and your kind comments will be shared with all the staff members, whom I am certain will be encouraged with your remarks. We do hope to have the opportunity in the near future to welcome you, your friends and family back at our hotel, as we look forward to being of service. Thank you again for having shared your experience with us. Yours Sincerely,