“Second Stay Has Improved My Opinion”
Review of Pestana Curitiba

Pestana Curitiba
Ranked #26 of 103 Hotels in Curitiba
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I had already stayed at the Pestana once before and was happy enough with the hotel. But, after looking back at my previous review, I may have been a bit critical. Again, I found the hotel to be very clean and well furnished. However, on my last stay, I found the style to be a bit too "modern" and not very cozy/relaxing. On my second visit, I have to disagree. The style is still sort of modern and minimalist, but I found it to be very comfortable and welcoming this time around. Perhaps it may been influenced by the fact that I moved here after staying 2 nights in another Curitiba hotel that I really did not enjoy, but I felt quite at home in the room on this visit, so I felt the need to correct my previous feedback.

As for some of my other feedback from my last stay.

-No real change of opinion about the location. There is not a lot do do or see in Curitiba, but the Pestana is in a good location for the city with plenty of shops, restaurants and bars in the area. Felt fairly safe around the hotel too, even after dark.

-Still wasn't thrilled about the breakfast. Not the worst I have had and it was better than on my last visit, but it did not blow me away either. Pretty typical hotel buffet I guess.

-WiFi was included in the rate again and I was not limited in the number of devices I could connect like last time, so big improvement there.

-In my lats review, I said, "All in all, for the price (about 170 EUR per night), I imagine there are much better options in the area." For starters, I tried one of the other options (Mabu) and no, it was not better (and it was basically the same price at that). Second, the rate was much more reasonable this time around (~$110-120 per night and was booked last minute).

I can say for certain that if I come to Curitiba again, I will definitely book the Pestana. Quite enjoyed my last stay with them and have no interest in trying any of the other hotels in the area again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Curitiba, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Mr. Powell,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing the Pestana Curitiba Hotel as your destination, and for having taken your valuable time to comment your stay with us. We are delighted to know that we were able to exceed your expectations, and that you enjoyed your time spent in our Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards,

Daniele Franco

Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed 14 May 2013

I spent over two weeks at that hotel in December 2012 and my stay was really pleasant.

What I liked:
- Sauna and swimming pool
- Reasonably priced drinks
- Location of the hotel

What could be improved:
- I never had a dinner at the restaurant, but once we ordered desserts. They were really good, but rather small and therefore quite expensive. However, we were really happy about being able to choose from many restaurants in the proximity to the hotel
- Check out was a bit slow and there were some phone calls on my bill that I have never made. However, that issue was swiftly addressed by the staff

I really enjoyed my stay at Pestana hotel and if I was ever planning to return to Curitiba, I would have stayed there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on one of the higher floors.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Curitiba, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Marcin,

Best Regards,

Daniele Franco,
General Manager.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

I was 3 weeks by business, no clock in the room, no pensil or pen, no sheet of papers. the las two days of the first week no hand towels and they left only one bath towel. They lost one shirt in the laundry the first saturday, after claim two or three times during the week and having no one response I decide to writte a letter to the hotel manager, but NEVER respond. the gym is terrible, the equipment need several manteinance as some machies not working or are in bad conditions, feels like you are running in the country. They found my shirt next Sunday at nigth, however Imhad to buy another one. the breckfast buffete is limitates to a couple of dishes, one day you find integral and white bread, and the next day only white. There is an inconsistent service as a coworker was in the same floor and he did not suffer to much. Disgusting find the first Friday a letter in the room asking to pay the bill for first week!!! incredible thet had the company corporate card number!!!. Shure there are better options in Curitiba

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank fernandezMexico
Reviewed 22 February 2013

The check in took quite a long time, even though there was no other people. The room was basic. The water was not hot enough in the morning. The wall were thin and I can hear noise from neigbouring rooms. The breakfast is free and had not changed since I came 2 years ago. The staff are friendly though.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I had stayed at the Hotel Pestana Curitiba Brazil, on a business visit for 3 weeks, on being recommended as the best Hotel in Curitiba; Unfortunately, the experience was very far from being any where close to the best!! Even basic stuff like replacing the laundry lists and laundry bags or replacing hand towels in the wash room were not done or were done very inconsistently!! One of the bulbs had blown its fuse in the wash room during the 2nd week of my stay and had not been replaced till I left. They might have replaced it if I had informed them, but that is what this hotel is all about... Nothing is done pro-actively; The hotel was also lacking in some very basic amenities like providing a clock/Time piece in the room or a hot water kettle/Jug for a cup of tea. The Breakfast spread was a very mediocre fare and was essentially the same stuff on all three weeks, with no variations!! At times, a couple of items went missing from the spread. I was located on the 9th floor and could constantly hear the noise of the traffic or the chatter of the people from the road side bar below, particularly on the nights of the weekends. The Gym was also mediocre, with only 1 out of the 3 treadmills working on the days that I had visited. I had seriously contemplated shifting to another hotel at the end of the 1st week itself, but the only reason I stayed on was because of its proximity to my office vehicle pick up location.

Room Tip: Higher floors will hopefully be free from the noise of the traffic and the road side bar below.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Rajamuthaiya P
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Quick and efficient check in. Staff at reception speak excellent English the 3-4 times that I have visited this property. Internet is free and fast at this hotel. They are also great about giving you multiple passwords so that you can connect multiple devices to the Internet at this hotel. Room is standard for a business hotel - as you can see from the pictures, but it is clean and functional. Breakfast is served on the second floor and is a nice spread. The gym and pool at the top floor of the hotel are the highlight here. Large gym with 5-6 pieces of cardio equipment(usually 1-2 are under repair). There is a multi-station gym machine, a station for leg presses and a nice range of functional equipment. The pool is also excellent and they have a steam room as well. Location of the hotel is good and you are minutes away from many excellent restaurants. Please acknowledge this review as helpful if you have found it so.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Curitiba, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your detailed review following your recent stay at the Pestana Curitiba Hotel. Your comments are most appreciated. We always strive to provide a warm and welcoming experience to our guests, and we are happy that you enjoyed the hotels services and facilities. Please do not hesitate to contact me next time you visit us. We look forward to welcoming you back in Curitiba. Yours Sincerely,

Hernan Saucedo
Managing Director
Pestana Curitiba Hotel

Reviewed 10 December 2012

Nice location in the heart of Curitiba. I was impressed by the size of the room, which was also very clean and confy. Not a spectacular hotel, but perfect for business travellers. Walking distance from many good restaurants. Good breakfast, free wifi.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Curitiba, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for your visit, and for your helpful review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and appreciated your compliments regarding our property. Thank you again for your preference, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Pestana Curitiba Hotel in the near future. Yours Sincerely,

Hernan Saucedo