“An interesting experience”

Ranked #73 of 78 Hotels in Foz do Iguacu
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“An interesting experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

Positive: Front desk staff were extremely helpful all the time. Public transportation stop located 50 meters from the hotel. The bus (401) rides from the City Center to the Cataratas (Falls) with stops by the Convention Center and Airport.

Negative:
Room - let's call it minimalist in every aspect. The shower did not have a curtain or a glass door in my room, but I talked to other guests and their room was ok. Each time I took a shower I would flood the entire bathroom. Very annoying.

Breakfast - very frugal for Brazil standards. For example, there was never freshly baked bread, only sliced bread that one can buy from the supermarket or food store.

Location - right half way between the city and the airport/convention center, or a 20 real cab ride.

Check-out – I thought I was on Candid Camera or in a movie scene from Mr. Bean. I was the only customer at the desk (4:30am). The staff member did not know how to check me out in the computer system, so he had to call someone to guide him step by step. The problem was that this gentleman got confused with the instructions, so it took him 35 minutes to check me out and I had a plane to catch. Once he was able to print my bill, I noticed that I had been charged for an Internet card that I had paid in cash when I purchased it., etc, etc etc. Then, the gentleman working as front desk only staff member was unable to call a cab. I rushed outside to the main road and waved to every single car, as I was unable to distinguish between cabs and other cars due to still being dark. An interesting experience.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank nontroppo

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

This is a perfect little inn for an overnight halt in Foz do Iguacu. Its a short ride from the airport and halfway to downtown as well as the Iguacu Falls. The bus stops are right outside the hotel so convenient to hop on to a bus if you want to go to "Centro" or the Falls. Not a whole lot of options around the hotel. There is a handicraft store 100 mts from the hotel where you can get local currency exchange and get some local coffee and chocolate. The room was spacious and the facilities were clean. They have an indoor and an outdoor pool to relax. The staff was more than accomodating and helpful.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank ShailendraJ
Joplin, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2011

After a last minute change of plans while traveling in South America we needed a hotel near the Falls. No reviews to be found for Royal Iguassu but we took a chance anyway because we were on a fairly tight budget. We were not disappointed. While the curb appeal has something to be desired and the decor is a bit dated -- the lobby, hallways, restaurant and our room were all very, very clean. We were greeted at the front desk by smiling faces and extra effort to bridge the gaps between English and Portugese.
Our room was no frills but very clean. Window unit for a/c, tv, clean bathroom and three beds with clean linens. Spotless floors too!
Our room included the breakfast buffet and it was nicely presented with many choices -- again, nothing extravagant -- but a nice breakfast for the price.
We were offered assistance with transportation to the falls - taxi or bus. We chose the bus -- $3 each. The bus stop is near the drive to the hotel. It runs between the city, airport and Falls. No problems using the bus -- it is clean but standing room only early in the morning. Not so crowded as we returned from the Falls.
At checkout -- again, extra effort to communicate. We want to especially praise Kessley and Jacks for going out of their way to make us feel comfortable and welcome.
We do not usually book hotels without reading reviews but this one worked out great. We highly recommend Royal Iguassu if you need a clean, fairly inexpensive, no-frills hotel while visiting the Falls.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple