“Really helpful staff, free airport and bus terminal transfers”
Review of Klein Hostel

Klein Hostel
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

I was only at the hostel one night on my way to Paraguay, and had already done the falls from the Argentinian side so wasn't interested in seeing them again, which meant location was perfect for me, close to the international bus terminal. However it is a bus ride into the centre which might be annoying if you are planning to stay for a while. However the hostel is clean and the staff are really friendly and helpful. The ATM at the bus terminal wasn't working for me and so the hostel gave me a lift to the nearest one. They also do free airport and bus terminal transfers which is great, haven't heard if any other hostels doing that! They have a pool and a bar, breakfast was great with cheese and ham toasties and chocolate cake! The hostel also offers home made dinners every night for 13 R, which was really good value for what you get. Wi fi was good and there was hot water, cable tv and a computer for guests. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed 4 April 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights, in last week, in the private double room. The bad was confortable, but the bedroom was dark and dirty. The bathroom had infiltrations in ceiling and we take shock in the shower.
We was with a rental car and still found far from the center and tha falls. We do not use the transfer service offered by them, because our flight was early in the morning and they refused to get us this time.
The good was the fast internet and a nice swimming pool.
I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnaChrist
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Stayed here for one night in February. Had planned to stay 3 nights but moved after one. It's true they pick you up and take you there from the bus station or airport on arrival and departure, but it is then so far away from the falls (with public transport it took us 1.5hrs to get home on the buses from the brazil side of the falls)! We found staying in Argentina much more convenient.

We also booked to have dinner in the hostel and were told this would be served at 7.30pm. On arrival back there at 7.25pm we were told they had served dinner at 7pm after all and that they didn't save us any. The staff were apologetic about this, but we couldn't understand why if they knew we were coming back for it they would serve it to other people (you had to reserve a meal). It meant that after a long day, we then had to venture out of the hostel again to find something to eat.

The hostel itself is ok. Stayed in the private double room with ensuite which was fine, mainly it was the location that put us off, in particular when there are a lot of accommodations nearer to the falls.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Samanfaa
Reviewed 15 February 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night in February 2013, in an 8-bed dorm.

Pros:
- Free pickup from bus station.
- Fast Internet connection.
- Usual hostel amenities; bar, kitchen, TV etc.
- Staff are friendly and helpful.

Cons:
- Dirty bathroom.
- Expensive for what it is.
- Hardly any of the power outlets work, so forget about charging your phone while you're here - in fact forget about using the kitchen grill too.
- Lockers are in the open air, so all your valuables get nice and damp overnight.
- The photo they use on all the publicity shots is of a lovely, spacious 10-bed dorm with no bunk beds in it. This is only one of their dorms. The others are crammed full of bunks and nowhere near as nice.
- It's not really near any other amenities.

In summary, I would try somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for the nice 10 bee dorm.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CharlieInLondon
Reviewed 1 February 2013 via mobile

If I could do this trip again I would stay at Klein hostel and visit both sides of the falls from here. Very friendly staff who will do anything they can to make your stay great. Great Internet. Dinner for 10 real. Beer 2.50 real with a self service bar. Free transfers to the bus station or airport. Cleanest hostel I have been to. Large rooms. Excellent security. Good knowledge on using the local buses. Of note we were told not to bother with the brazil side of the falls but because I wasn't expecting much these turned out to be my favourite as less crowded, slightly cheaper and more shade. I think you need to do both and don't take advice from people who haven't even been to both sides.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I camped here for a couple of days and found the location very convenient and the amenities super-good (internet, wifi, pool, showers, bar, kitchen)! Camping was only slightly cheaper than the dorm but it did include a very good breakfast. The clean cool pool was a welcome relief from the Brazilian heat and a great place to chill out after a day's excursions, which are quick and easy to get to. Staff are friendly and have lots of information, English is spoken, and the vibe is relaxed to the max. Good bar with cold beer and caipirinhas; would definitely recommend Klein Hostel.

Room Tip: I camped so don't really have info on rooms, but the camping was good with soft ground and grass...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I enjoyed my time at this hostel. I was staying in the dorm and had no complaints there. They pick you up AND will take you back to the airport for free which was a nice touch. Meals in the evening were really good and excellent value, even their transfers to the falls were a decent price. I took myself to the Argentinian side and there was no hard sell for their service which made a refreshing change. The bar is also a fair price and the hostel is in a great location for a supermarket just down the road. The bus station nearest is not the one you need for buses to Argentina/Itaipu or the Brazilian falls but has very regular services to the station you do need. No complaints.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo