“Dependable caring owner”
Review of Klein Hostel

Klein Hostel
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

The hostel itself isn't a luxurious but it's the staff,including the owner, that makes this an A++ experience. First of the night staff was extremely helpful in providing me with information and making phone calls to book a bus. Additionally, even though i had already checked out and was on my way to the bus station they helped me out. i tripped and fell and busted my knee and shoulder. The owner and his son came to pick me up. The owner helped me up, brought me back to the hostel, took my shoes off and had an employee bring me an ice pack. Later he came back to check on me. I am staying here another night until I feel better.

The location isn't the best or the worse. They are very close to the bus station and from there you can connect with the terminal in the city center. It's a quiet neighborhood but when walking down the street after sun down it's quite dark due to lack of illumination. The rooms are basic and clean. It's quite cold here right now but they provided me with two blankets.
Also the food is quite filling and good for $13 reals.
I definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

Location is a bit out of town but you don't come to Iguassu for the town, it's all about the falls so location means nothing. At least out of town you can get a good nights sleep.

Rooms were clean and comfy.

The staff were really, really good an made all the difference. So helpful and friendly.

The kitchen is the best and cleanest I've come across in a hostel, and I've frequented a lot of hostels!

Breakfast was great too.

I'd recommend to friends and family

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We stayed 2 nights in a private bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Bed- and bathroom were clean and through the window came enough daylight. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There is WiFi and a computer free of charge. They offer dinner for 13 BRL per person. Which is a good option if you don't want to cook for yourself and don't have the budget for going to a restaurant. The pool was not usable when we were there and the hostel is a little far from down town. But there is a good bus connection and the staff is very helpful in explaining how to get to the Falls and into the city center.
The Hostel offers free transport to from the airport.
All in all I enjoyed ma stay at Klein Hostel!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Really clean hostel and fantastic staff. Was getting over a stomach bug while staying here and the staff done everything they could to help-even gave my partner a lift to the pharamacy. Transfers to and from the bus station are great and the dinners are real tasty and fantastuc value.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

I was only at the hostel one night on my way to Paraguay, and had already done the falls from the Argentinian side so wasn't interested in seeing them again, which meant location was perfect for me, close to the international bus terminal. However it is a bus ride into the centre which might be annoying if you are planning to stay for a while. However the hostel is clean and the staff are really friendly and helpful. The ATM at the bus terminal wasn't working for me and so the hostel gave me a lift to the nearest one. They also do free airport and bus terminal transfers which is great, haven't heard if any other hostels doing that! They have a pool and a bar, breakfast was great with cheese and ham toasties and chocolate cake! The hostel also offers home made dinners every night for 13 R, which was really good value for what you get. Wi fi was good and there was hot water, cable tv and a computer for guests. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 4 April 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights, in last week, in the private double room. The bad was confortable, but the bedroom was dark and dirty. The bathroom had infiltrations in ceiling and we take shock in the shower.
We was with a rental car and still found far from the center and tha falls. We do not use the transfer service offered by them, because our flight was early in the morning and they refused to get us this time.
The good was the fast internet and a nice swimming pool.
I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnaChrist
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Stayed here for one night in February. Had planned to stay 3 nights but moved after one. It's true they pick you up and take you there from the bus station or airport on arrival and departure, but it is then so far away from the falls (with public transport it took us 1.5hrs to get home on the buses from the brazil side of the falls)! We found staying in Argentina much more convenient.

We also booked to have dinner in the hostel and were told this would be served at 7.30pm. On arrival back there at 7.25pm we were told they had served dinner at 7pm after all and that they didn't save us any. The staff were apologetic about this, but we couldn't understand why if they knew we were coming back for it they would serve it to other people (you had to reserve a meal). It meant that after a long day, we then had to venture out of the hostel again to find something to eat.

The hostel itself is ok. Stayed in the private double room with ensuite which was fine, mainly it was the location that put us off, in particular when there are a lot of accommodations nearer to the falls.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends