“Nice home away from home”
Review of Klein Hostel

Klein Hostel
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I planned to stay 2 nights, but i stayed 5. Main reasson was the nice atmosphere that the staff and boss are creating. You dont come to Iguazu for the town itselfs, so for me it wasnt a problem that its a little out of town. The area where its located is nice en quite. The free pick up is a good extra. In the cosy livingroom you can enjoy a billion dvd's and the really fast internet, just sit back on the couch and enjoy a day off. Take a dip in the swimmingpool when its sunny! I loved this place. Pricewise a perfect hostel to stay when you are visiting the falls.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 October 2013

For the price you pay, the hostel is very good. The receptionists speak very good English and are always helpful and friendly. We got picked up at 7:00 am with the free bus terminal pick up and checked straight in, not common to walk straight into a hostel! Some other guests were going to the Argentina border from the hostel, the receptionist asked if we wanted a free trip to the falls as they were passing that way. Had to decline as we were too tired. The hostel is out of the main centre so is a bus ride in, and then another bus ride to the falls...about an hour to an hour and a half which is the only downside to the hostel. Really comfy pillows I must add. The dinner they provide is home comfort brazilian food, and I recommend the beef. Special mention to the young female receptionist who helped us get a bus to campo grande when the bus company said it was full! Overall a good visit, just the bus journey to the falls is a bit annoying,but it makes up for it with the location being quiet.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Toby W
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night while visiting the Brazil side of Iguazu Falls.

The free transfer from the airport (and anywhere else you want to go in the Kombi!) was great. They will drop you to the Argentinian border too.

The hostel itself is quite basic and, unfortunately, pretty dirty. If you want clean then this is not the place. It's also a little bit away from the main drag. That said it is cheap and I still reckon it's value for money.

The staff are nice and helpful.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

The hostel itself isn't a luxurious but it's the staff,including the owner, that makes this an A++ experience. First of the night staff was extremely helpful in providing me with information and making phone calls to book a bus. Additionally, even though i had already checked out and was on my way to the bus station they helped me out. i tripped and fell and busted my knee and shoulder. The owner and his son came to pick me up. The owner helped me up, brought me back to the hostel, took my shoes off and had an employee bring me an ice pack. Later he came back to check on me. I am staying here another night until I feel better.

The location isn't the best or the worse. They are very close to the bus station and from there you can connect with the terminal in the city center. It's a quiet neighborhood but when walking down the street after sun down it's quite dark due to lack of illumination. The rooms are basic and clean. It's quite cold here right now but they provided me with two blankets.
Also the food is quite filling and good for $13 reals.
I definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

Location is a bit out of town but you don't come to Iguassu for the town, it's all about the falls so location means nothing. At least out of town you can get a good nights sleep.

Rooms were clean and comfy.

The staff were really, really good an made all the difference. So helpful and friendly.

The kitchen is the best and cleanest I've come across in a hostel, and I've frequented a lot of hostels!

Breakfast was great too.

I'd recommend to friends and family

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We stayed 2 nights in a private bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Bed- and bathroom were clean and through the window came enough daylight. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There is WiFi and a computer free of charge. They offer dinner for 13 BRL per person. Which is a good option if you don't want to cook for yourself and don't have the budget for going to a restaurant. The pool was not usable when we were there and the hostel is a little far from down town. But there is a good bus connection and the staff is very helpful in explaining how to get to the Falls and into the city center.
The Hostel offers free transport to from the airport.
All in all I enjoyed ma stay at Klein Hostel!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Really clean hostel and fantastic staff. Was getting over a stomach bug while staying here and the staff done everything they could to help-even gave my partner a lift to the pharamacy. Transfers to and from the bus station are great and the dinners are real tasty and fantastuc value.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple