“Blown away! ”

Ranked #2 of 1,059 Restaurants in Foz do Iguacu
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: City Center
“Blown away! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Absolutely sensational! No words. No words. Just like my mum's food! The chicken with polenta and the pizzas were to die for!!

• Turkish first
Brasilia, DF
“Good place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Instead of crossing the border to try a chorizo on puerto iguazu we tried this place and we weren't disappointed!
Good service, warm decor and a good value food!

Rome, Italy
“Charm atmosphere, good pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

I had dinner at Vó Bertila once during my trip to the Iguazu falls. The restaurant is not far from Foz do Iguacu city center, you can easily reach it by foot if you stay in a hotel in the City.

The atmosphere is great. Outside the tables are organized in a little garden. Inside, the restaurant is divided in several rooms. The rooms are quite small and they may seem quite crowded where there are a lot of people.

However, the inside of the restaurant is lovely organized to appear like an Italian, family owned restaurant.

I ordered the Pizza and it was delicious. As an Italian traveller, I was curious to try it but I decided to not order any other Italian food.

In the main room there are also 3 small barriques containing home-made cachaca. You can serve yourself for free.

The restaurant is normally very busy, it's recommended to reserve a table in advance. Compared to the average of the Brazilian restaurants, it is a little bit pricey but it was worth the visit.

• Visited February 2013
Brazil
“Bad Surprise!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

After four days having dinner at nice locations in Foz we decided to pay a visit to the "Vó Bertila", which many locals recommended as a good place to visit. We got there and I noticed that most of people were eating pizza (which is their only good option!). We ordered a pasta with meatballs and shrimp risotto with aspargus. The pasta was Ok, but the shrimp risotto was a fake!!! The waiter seemed confuse and the restaurant manager just ignored me when I told her that they were serving a "fake" dish since I could not find any whole shrimp in the dish I ordered.

In overall, I do not recommend this restaurant since they did not show any respect for my complaint and their owner and manager seems to be only interested to charge as much as they can during the vacation season.

Another interesting point is the fact the "olive" oil they offer does not look like real olive oil. So be ready for surprises.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank MaLuSSSS
Atibaia, SP
“the worst lasagna I've ever eaten”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

We had been to this cozy restaurant one year ago and we had a nice memory from it. So were looking forward to go there again during our two days in Foz do Iguaçu. The salad was pretty good and the "manjar com calda de vinho" too, but the lasagna was simply a big piece of cheese with ground meat sticked. No pasta, no tomate souce. It was just impossible to eat.

• Visited April 2013