“Good pizza”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Center
Reviewed 6 August 2014

A 10 minute walk from the bus station, this Italian has a nice outside seating area. It has cheap beer and the pizza is very good. If you're ordering the pasta, it comes in huge portions, so be prepared. We ate here a couple of times and the service was very good. It's by no means fast food, but is well worth the wait. They'll also give you a box to take away anything you don't manage to eat. There's also a taxi rank right outside for your trip home if you can't be bothered to walk. If you come in a car on a rainy day, they even take you back to your car under an umbrella!

There are newer reviews for Vo Bertila Pizza & Pasta

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Though the inside looks good and typical Italian, I was not very happy with the service. The waiter that served us never smiled and seemed that we has having a bad day. The food was ok, had lots of Italian food before and the bruscheta with grated cheese is not the original recipe. They took 15 mins to get us the bill and once I was leaving the restaurant one waitress just crossed towards my way and never said excuse me, i thought cordiality with customers was a must.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Absolutely sensational! No words. No words. Just like my mum's food! The chicken with polenta and the pizzas were to die for!!

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Instead of crossing the border to try a chorizo on puerto iguazu we tried this place and we weren't disappointed!
Good service, warm decor and a good value food!

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I had dinner at Vó Bertila once during my trip to the Iguazu falls. The restaurant is not far from Foz do Iguacu city center, you can easily reach it by foot if you stay in a hotel in the City.

The atmosphere is great. Outside the tables are organized in a little garden. Inside, the restaurant is divided in several rooms. The rooms are quite small and they may seem quite crowded where there are a lot of people.

However, the inside of the restaurant is lovely organized to appear like an Italian, family owned restaurant.

I ordered the Pizza and it was delicious. As an Italian traveller, I was curious to try it but I decided to not order any other Italian food.

In the main room there are also 3 small barriques containing home-made cachaca. You can serve yourself for free.

The restaurant is normally very busy, it's recommended to reserve a table in advance. Compared to the average of the Brazilian restaurants, it is a little bit pricey but it was worth the visit.