“as living in a swimmingpool”
Review of Falls Galli Hotel

Falls Galli Hotel
Ranked #45 of 79 Hotels in Foz do Iguacu
Reviewed 19 November 2009

The first time I have lived in a hotel where there are tiles everywhere. Not so charming.
OK pool and friendly and helpfull staff. Restaurant not so good.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 November 2009

The hotel was ok. The rooms were big. The bathroom had even a whirlpool-bathtub. But before we could use it I had to clean it (dust and 2 dead flies). Also in the corners of the bathroom were spider webs.
The fee for the safe was 3 RS (they didn't tell me when they handover the key). I booked the hotel in the internet on a reservation system for a fixed prize and was very surprised that they wanted to charge we 10% service fee like in a restaurant. To the tourism fee I a used in Brasil, but a tip for the hotel of 10% was very strange. I refused to pay that (I had to write it to the bill) but how barefaced is that? How many people pay that? So be careful with the prize.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2009

We stayed 3 nights in the hotel during September.
The rooms are very simple but clean. The receptionists were nice and professional.
Services which you can find for free in other hotels such as the room safe, using the computer stations, Wi-Fi etc are charged. BTW, the Wi-Fi connection was very poor!
Breakfast was rich and satisfying. In the evening there was a buffet for about 25 Reals per person.
The hotel is located just out of town but only 1Km away from a new shopping mall. It was very convenient for us since we could walk there and have lunch/dinner instead of having them in the hotel and buying some snacks. For those who think that this is a disadvantage to be out of town I’ll say that it is only 1Km out of town and a very short taxi ride from the main street. And the main attraction in the area is not the town…
If you want to take a taxi don’t take it from the entrance of the hotel, they will overcharge you. There is a taxi station right out of the hotel (about 20 meters from the entrance).
There is a tour agency inside the hotel but we didn’t use them. First of all I found that they are expensive, Secondly – you don’t need an organized tour in the area. You can use taxis to get to the main attractions. The driver will wait for you or will be back for you whenever you’ll decide.
One day we took a taxi to Itaipu dam (since it was raining heavily). On site you can buy tickets for several tours with a guide (You can’t make a tour without a guide).
On the other day we took a taxi to the falls on the Argentinean side which picked us up after 6 hours. In the park you don’t need a guide. You receive a map and you just follow the trails. We also took the speed boat that takes you directly under the falls and it was great! From there we continued by taxi to the Brazilian side of the falls which you defiantly don’t need a guide. It takes about 3 hours to do this side.
Another advice is if you have a good weather then go! Don’t wait for the next day.
Don’t forget that the transportation from the airport to the hotel is included in the price.
To conclude - taking into consideration the hotel rate it is adequate enough and a good choice for exploring the area.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank World_Traveler_TV
Reviewed 26 July 2009

I spent two nights at the BW Falls Galli with my wife and daughter. We had a pleasant stay, the hotel rooms are adequate and staff was very friendly. They gave us good tips on restaurants and accepted our request of a late checkout. When we asked about transportation to Paraguay, they directed us to a travel agency located inside the hotel, which offered us a shuttle (with other people) that was more expensive than a cab located just outside the hotel. But, of course, that is what I usually expect from most hotels. The major drawback was location since it is in a road, far from downtown and very far from local attractions. It didn't affect us much since we had rented a car, but we really enjoy going out by foot sometimes and that was really not possible. Overall, breakfast was nice, the pool is beautiful (we didn't go) and the hotel was fine for the price we paid, about US$75 per night.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2009

My husband and I spent five pleasant days in the hotel, which has comfortable rooms, a thoughtful staff, quick room service with reasonable prices, but we could not enjoy the swimming pool because the water "freezes"! The restaurant serves very good food. There´s a little shop in the lobby and a tour agency where you can arrange tours to many interesting places, including the wonderful Iguassu Falls and Itaipu Binacional Dam. If you don´t want commitment to an agency you can hire a taxi and he will take you wherever and whenever you want. The disadvantages are that they charge internet access and it´s far from the city center.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2009

We spent the last 3 days of our vacation here, it was a really good hotel and the reception people speak english which is good considering they are about the only people we met in Brazil that could speak any at all. The rooms were big, but nothing too fancy. The hotel has an energy saver thing going on so everytime you leave your room the AC turns off...which is good but bad at the same time! The hallways have no lights on at night until you walk near the elevator and then they turn on automatically, but the halls aren't dark because there are plenty of windows. They have an excellent buffet breakfast for free and a delicious buffet in the evening for about 25 rael. The only thing I didn't like was then we first arrived, we went to the restaurant to order, so I pointed out what I wanted and the waitress nodded in agreement (she doesn't speak eng and I don't speak port) and then she took my boyfriends order...he got his...I never got mine. Not impressed. But other then that it was a wonderful hotel with a large pool. I'd stay again if I went back.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2009

We enjoyed the Falls Galli very much. The staff was friendly and professional. The hotel is located outside of town, but that was not a problem for us. There is a nice pool and bar area and the restaurant provided a nice breakfast each morning. Our room was very nice. There is a tour company on site to help plan trips. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple