Many rooms refurbished with comfortable beds and good bathrooms (but not all bathrooms redone). The free breakfast was ok but limited selection for such a big hotel (we had a bigger choice at a very basic Amazon lodge in the middle of no where with 20 guests). We tried the dinner buffet (mistake) the food was ok but no variety and poor service, and the waiter when I signed even had the cheek to tell me that tips had to be in cash - there has to be some service before that becomes relevant. We were staying with Brazilian friends at the hotel who were embarrased about how bad the buffet and service was.
Location was good for the Brazilian park (very short walk, no tour needed), and very close to the airport. Bus stop opposite was ok for getting to centre but no guidance from hotel on this, they just said taxi 50real. The bar food was ok and fair price.
But service was truly poor given the arrogance, could not provide change (ok so no I couldn't do tips), guided walk through the grounds was arranged but never showed up, etc etc.
Overall if going again I think I'd stay in the centre of Foz where there are lots of nice restaurants, and just take tour to the park (which is fairly cheap) or bus (which is very cheap).
I would never recommend this place unless very cheap deal, and prepared to use bus to get around.
Also be careful of the restaurants the staff recommend that do free pick ups (expensive and mixed reviews).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Martin Hotel and Resort is located just for 400 meters from the main entrance of the National Park, 03 kilometers from Foz do Iguaçu Airport, and 10 kilometers from the downtown. The resort has 135 rooms, divided in 3 categories. The simple one is the standard, the superior is a medium comfort, and superior class the deluxe one, and junior suites. All the rooms have TV, air con, minibar, telephone, wi-fi free of charge, trail inside of the wood for walking, and a beautiful and wonderful pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Ebookers, Booking.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your San Martin Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Martin Hotel Foz Do Iguacu
- San Martin Hotel And Resort
- San Martin Resort
- San Martin Hotel & Resort Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil - Parana